What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #47,281 of 136,642
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #47,282 of 136,642
Nov 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #47,288 of 136,642

Ultimate Collection

Temptations 

WOWZA! I'm having lunch and it occurred to me... I might have to
tongue_smile.gif
drop in on some you cats! I love this thread.

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #47,292 of 136,642

Dexter Britain - Zenith
https://dexterbritain.bandcamp.com/album/zenith (FREE!)

I'm letting this wonderful music soothe my mind after a long day.

Also on another note, it's finally here, my 1000th post on Head-Fi. As a happy coincidence this happens to coincide with the completion of the first version of a list of my current 100 favorite albums, which is something I've wanted to compile at some point before the end of the year. It is naturally a very personal list and subject to changes as time goes on given the word "current" in the description. The list as it stands right now is also hardly anything more than the first version I was able to trim down to a hundred entries. There are without a doubt albums that don't quite deserve their place on the list and albums I forgot to include, but that is pretty much inevitable I'm afraid. Despite everything I just said, I'm happy to have at least a rudimentary version completed as a basis for future refinement.

I stuck to modern composers in regards to classical and I tried to not go overboard with jazz entries because there's so much gold to mine there. Additionally I only picked a couple of soundtracks and attempted to not name too many albums from any one artist if it could be avoided for the sake of variety. Also note that this is a list of my favorite albums, not a listing of the best albums I've ever heard. Those two things do overlap but aren't the exact same thing.

I've included the link in my signature. Feel free to check it out if you are interested; perhaps you will make some new musical discoveries.

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #47,293 of 136,642
Holy Crap! I held off on this one as I have most of Zep's studio catalog and a fair amount of their live stuff: BBC Sessions and How the West Was Won. If you're like me and have lots of Zeppelin and like me, thought, do I really need anymore live Zep---think again. This is an absolute beast!

Older, wiser and finally a production that feels big and much heavier than their other live recordings....at least to me. Or maybe it's because I'm listening to a better system....

Additionally, they seem more focused and powerful..unlike some of their live recordings that meander and feel indulgent....this feels just right to my ears.

Always loved Led Zep...this release just reaffirms my love of this essential band.

Long live Rock and Roll....Hey, hey Momma.
51XPXA-Y2cL.jpg

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #47,295 of 136,642

Dexter Britain - Zenith
https://dexterbritain.bandcamp.com/album/zenith (FREE!)

I'm letting this wonderful music soothe my mind after a long day.

Also on another note, it's finally here, my 1000th post on Head-Fi. As a happy coincidence this happens to coincide with the completion of the first version of a list of my current 100 favorite albums, which is something I've wanted to compile at some point before the end of the year. It is naturally a very personal list and subject to changes as time goes on given the word "current" in the description. The list as it stands right now is also hardly anything more than the first version I was able to trim down to a hundred entries. There are without a doubt albums that don't quite deserve their place on the list and albums I forgot to include, but that is pretty much inevitable I'm afraid. Despite everything I just said, I'm happy to have at least a rudimentary version completed as a basis for future refinement.

I stuck to modern composers in regards to classical and I tried to not go overboard with jazz entries because there's so much gold to mine there. Additionally I only picked a couple of soundtracks and attempted to not name too many albums from any one artist if it could be avoided for the sake of variety. Also note that this is a list of my favorite albums, not a listing of the best albums I've ever heard. Those two things do overlap but aren't the exact same thing.

I've included the link in my signature. Feel free to check it out if you are interested; perhaps you will make some new musical discoveries.

Congrats on your 1000th post, TJ Elite. I also must compliment your top 100 current favorite albums list. I hadn't any idea that you liked Isis! Their music is amazing. I'm going to have to check out the albums on the list that I haven't heard before. You even have some of Coltrane's lesser known work cited as your favorite, so indeed I must check those out if anything.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back