What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 10, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #46,337 of 136,301
I'm exploring 60's and 70's psychedelic and progressive rock. As much as I love great rock, I've only listened to Jefferson Airplane FM radio hits-White Rabbit and Somebody to Love.  Man! This double disc 30 + song collection is freaking fantastic for this genre....folk/blues/psychedelic...definitely hear shades of early Neil Young and Crosby Stills and Nash....maybe some Frampton blues. You'll feel high just listening to this.

51Ghe9K9gHL.jpg
51ycLXtgGTL.jpg

I'm also new to Radiohead. Doh! What do I live in a cave?! This seems to be their masterpiece....give me a good second choice....really liking this beautiful album...

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #46,339 of 136,301

Fates Warning - Parallels

Haken - Aquarius

Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Pink Floyd - D.S.O.T.M.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #46,344 of 136,301
  I'm exploring 60's and 70's psychedelic and progressive rock. As much as I love great rock, I've only listened to Jefferson Airplane FM radio hits-White Rabbit and Somebody to Love.  Man! This double disc 30 + song collection is freaking fantastic for this genre....folk/blues/psychedelic...definitely hear shades of early Neil Young and Crosby Stills and Nash....maybe some Frampton blues. You'll feel high just listening to this.

51Ghe9K9gHL.jpg

yes!!!

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #46,346 of 136,301

KoRn - Life Is Peachy

I never heard this album in it's entirety. It's their second album in their discography. I personally find it very much more raw sounding and quick. It's not a negative comment on my part. Reading up more on the album, apparently they went in the studio with a few concepts and wanted to primarily improvise the rest of repertoire. It really displays the underground sound the group was once known to have. I truly wish I had heard this album much more because it really is a gem.

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #46,347 of 136,301

KoRn - Life Is Peachy

I never heard this album in it's entirety. It's their second album in their discography. I personally find it very much more raw sounding and quick. It's not a negative comment on my part. Reading up more on the album, apparently they went in the studio with a few concepts and wanted to primarily improvise the rest of repertoire. It really displays the underground sound the group was once known to have. I truly wish I had heard this album much more because it really is a gem.

+1 i had the same experiences when i heard this for the first time as well, versus their more well known stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back