What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 15, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #44,494 of 136,280

Buddy Guy's brand new double album. One disc marked "rhythm" and one marked "blues."

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #44,495 of 136,280

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #44,502 of 136,280

Vinyl. Just finished listening to this and although I wouldn't say that the CD version is a total disaster (it's perfectly listenable actually) the vinyl decimates it completely. Side four is especially gorgeous. What is ironic is that the CD could sound just as good if a more dynamic master had been used as is the case with the LP. The loudness war is such a sad thing. I do believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel, though.

I haven't really listened to Dream Theater for a couple of years now, but as I've mentioned before in this thread the two albums I remember really liking are Octavarium and Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory. When Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence was recently issued for the first time ever on vinyl I was really hoping in my mind that those two would be (re-)released as well. Well I just checked my local record store's website and Octavarium is being released at the end of the month so only a couple of weeks from now. I'm really pleased with this and will definitely be buying it.

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #44,503 of 136,280

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #44,504 of 136,280
Quote:

Vinyl. Just finished listening to this and although I wouldn't say that the CD version is a total disaster (it's perfectly listenable actually) the vinyl decimates it completely. Side four is especially gorgeous. What is ironic is that the CD could sound just as good if a more dynamic master had been used as is the case with the LP. The loudness war is such a sad thing. I do believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel, though.

I haven't really listened to Dream Theater for a couple of years now, but as I've mentioned before in this thread the two albums I remember really liking are Octavarium and Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory. When Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence was recently issued for the first time ever on vinyl I was really hoping in my mind that those two would be (re-)released as well. Well I just checked my local record store's website and Octavarium is being released at the end of the month so only a couple of weeks from now. I'm really pleased with this and will definitely be buying it.

Great Band....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back