What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #39,241 of 136,041
Well, treading mostly in the heavier rock, indie and punk terrain, I decided this year to branch out a bit and take a shot at folk'ish singer/song writer kinds of stuff. I grew up hearing a lot of my parents 60's folk.....and, while definitely more rock/indie, I wanted to hear some more modern takes on folk and looking at the various end of the year best of lists and picked up...Of Monsters and Men.  Wow! I really, like this band!! Of Monsters and Men is a five-piece indie folk/indie pop band from Iceland, formed in 2010. Sometimes called Chamber folk pop....very distinctive vocals (the female voice reminds me a bit of bjork-also of Iceland). If you like the quality of Bjork's vocals voice and you like easy on the ears folksy indie rock-this is a slam dunk!

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #39,242 of 136,041
Quote:
One of my favorite things to listen to is the sound rain. Rainymood.com is surely a gift from heaven as if it isn't raining out there, it is when I have my headphones on... :)

I love listening to the rain and even just standing in it. It has to be the right kind of rain, though. Not too light and not too heavy. If it's heavy rain accompanied by thunder, that's nice to listen to as well (just let me unplug all my audio gear just in case 
rolleyes.gif
).

I should probably be listening to "m b v" since I bought it, but I think I'll leave that till later this week since I'm still addicted to this cover song I discovered by accident yesterday. There's just something very addictive about it (I don't really care for the original) and I find myself coming back to it several times a day which is rare for me, especially since we're talking about a song I have to go on YouTube to listen to.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #39,246 of 136,041
Quote:

My Bloody Valentine

EDIT
Apologies for the crazy text. Something is wrong with Safari. Have switched to FireFox

preferances

LOL , Just kidding and I'm sure I speak for more than one when I say : Thank You, Man ;')

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #39,247 of 136,041
Quote:
beerchug.gif

Been sittin' on a new 180 Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP (Head Hunters) for a few months - purchased a TT and immediately put it in the shop. But don't wanna play my new records on the old TT. Last thing I'm waiting on now is a belt. 
frown.gif

A belt of what? Bourbon? Vodka? Tequila?

I kid... I kid... 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #39,250 of 136,041

Royal Trux - Thank You (1995)

Lo-Fi mid-90's scuzz rock at it's finest... 
smile.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #39,251 of 136,041

Users who are viewing this thread

Back