What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 13, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #23,281 of 136,297

Quote:
133850.jpg

Shawn Lee & Clutchy Hopkins - Clutch of the Tiger

killer stuff!!

"Bill Blows It" is my favorite track. Just so funky!

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #23,284 of 136,297

Opeth - Still Life (Remastered)

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #23,285 of 136,297
Trout Mask Replica - Captain Beefheart

I've had an awareness of this record for twenty years but only just getting into it now.  Sounds dated now but obviously very influential in it's time.  Good for a laugh.  'Fast and bulbous' but very loose and more chaotic compared to later works.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #23,286 of 136,297
Memory Almost Full - Paul McCartney

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #23,288 of 136,297

Quote:
It's when you take partial what you need....and leaves the rest.....Here's the pic since you just posted another above me, might be confusing.

ah, thanks for the explanation:)

Misplaced Childhood is my favorite album from Marillion, great emotional rollercoaster ride. We used to play the whole record with the band I was in couple of years ago.

Jan 14, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #23,289 of 136,297
The album "Good God! Heavy Funk Covers Of James Brown From All Over The World 1968 - 1974" which consists of toe tapping funky music. Right now ST. Vincent's Latinaires "Hot Pants I'm Comin'" is followed by The Dave Pike Set's "I Got The Feeling". Yeah...

Set up: CD690 + AU-217 I + N6330

Update: the album "The Players" by various artists known as The Players and William Harris and The Experience's "Smoking So Hard It's Right Funky" just finished. Symphonic Four's "Who Do You Think You're Fooling" just started. This music sounds 'raw'...

Set up: CD690 + AU-217 I + DR 5A

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #23,294 of 136,297
Elvis

"On Stage"

moz-screenshot-9.png

Elvis On Stage is a Hit with Critics

April 05, 2010
Released only a few short few weeks ago, Elvis on Stage: Legacy Edition is a hit with fans and critics alike. Here are just a few links to some of the reviews of this 2-disc CD that includes multiple bonus tracks.

Crazy About Elvis: “On Stage” Reissue Captures Comeback “King”
“On Stage” mostly keeps its distance from Presley’s hit parade, highlighting instead his effortless touch with multiple genres and songbooks.”
GetBack.com

Elvis returns with 'On Stage: Legacy Edition'
“With "On Stage," you don't need to see Elvis to appreciate what a great performer he was...what's remarkable is that this is a pretty straight-up collection of rock 'n' roll”
The Express Times

Music Review: Elvis Presley – On Stage: Legacy Edition
“He was in peak form both physically and vocally and thankfully RCA was there to capture it live. For fans of the King in his second great period from 1968-72, this is essential material. The CD sounds great, the band is tight and Elvis Presley is on top of his game.”
Blog Critics Music

Elvis Presley's On Stage Sparkles Like Las Vegas
"You can hear the women shrieking when he busts out "In the Ghetto," although I'm partial to his unexpected cover of the Bee Gees' "Words." Among the six bonus tracks here is a live rendition of Willie Nelson's "Funny How Time Slips Away." Indeed, it is funny. But don't be mistaken -- this reissue is seriously cool."
CMT.com Blog

Elvis Presley’s On Stage: Legacy Edition
On Stage possesses a power that is electric enough to raise the hairs on your arms when enjoyed. It's a genuinely great Live album set that underscores why Elvis Presley is still one of our most treasured artists!”
Music Tap

A heart that's true: Remembering Elvis
“The spirit, intensity and pure entertainment of those engagements can be heard on "Elvis Presley: On Stage," a just-released two-disc set that combines live recordings from shows in August 1969 and in February 1970.”
Lincoln Journal Star

Elvis Hits Jackpot In Vegas
“Elvis Presley rolled the dice on his career “comeback” in Las Vegas and won.”
Fort Smith Times

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #23,295 of 136,297

Quote:
^ Good God, somethin' funky goin' on over there

(not here:wink:
Arve Henriksen - Cartography

Yes, but of course, he's Dutch :wink:

/ Good stuff, funky stuff, indeed . .  .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back