What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 20, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #95,627 of 136,465
Thanks @BobG55 for bringing this Danny Gatton album to my attention. This is killer and I have bought a couple cd's, this is the first to arrive.

88-Elmira-St-cover.jpg
unnamed(18)_11.jpg
johnnywinter_imabluesman.jpg
16/44 Flac > KTE Holo Spring L3 > GS-X mk2 > ZMF Ori

Jun 20, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #95,629 of 136,465
While it took me back to that era when I was Neil Young all-the-time, I found it lacking compared to Harvest and After the Goldrush. The new Dylan is great, if you like that sort of thing. If you thought he couldn't sing in the 60's or 70's or etc, you'll definitely think he still can't sing. Being the right age, i enjoyed the hell out of it.

Listening to the new Dylan album now and I like it better than Neil Young’s new one. Neil’s album seems very short and that dialogue in ’Florida’ was strange. Dylan’s singing on ”Rough and Rowdy Ways” reminds me of Leonard Cohen. Thanks for your impressions!

I agree with both of you guys. I'm a longtime Neil Young and Dylan fan as well. I love the new Dylan. Let's face it, there has always been a gritty, off-tune quality to his voice (as with Neil Young...), and his grittiness has increased with age and sixty years of singing, but Dylan has always been more a poet more than a singer, also true of Leonard Cohen. The "Pitchfork" review is right on...

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/bob-dylan-rough-and-rowdy-ways/

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #95,631 of 136,465
Jun 20, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #95,632 of 136,465
Jun 20, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #95,635 of 136,465
You bet, but it was Doug's idea first - @DLeeWebb
That Dr. John album looks interesting - @Roy G. Biv - how is it?
I enjoy it but, to be honest, a few of the performances are a bit weak. For me, the highlights are Tab Benoit, Irma Thomas, Dave Malone (lead singer for The Radiators) and Widespread Panic. It's available on Qobuz and Spotify so if you have access to either it's worth a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back