What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 19, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #57,138 of 135,975

Rubber Soul / SHM, new from Japan
w/T1, GS-1, Teac PD-H600 (Burr Brown PCM1796 D/A converter, a 192kHz/24-bit component) 

Same 2009 EMI remastered albums but on different CD surface or something (I'm not good at retaining technical jargon & terms, I just trust my ears & personal taste.)  I listened to the 2009 EMI remastered also to compare with the SHM :  results, 
I heard more definition, more air, smoother textures and nuances, a lot more depth, open & clear sound.  I heard bits & pieces I've never heard before & I've been an avid Beatles listener for more than 40 years.  Some say that SHM is snake oil, well, I'm not writing this to argue wether that's true or not.  The sound of the Japanese SHM albums, to my ears, is superior to the EMI remastered Redbook CDs released in 2009.  I've been waiting and searching/trying/hoping a very long time for this moment : finding the best sounding Beatles music.  Considering how archaic by today's standards the technology used back when they recorded their albums, these Japanese SHM CDs are truly astonishing.  I just want to add that this is IMHO only & to my ears.  Personally I have no regrets buying the SHM albums : Rubber Soul, Revolver, Pepper, MMT, White album (The Beatles),  LIB, Abbey Rd & Past Masters (1 & 2 are combined into one album).  My Christmas gift to myself. 
beyersmile.png

P.S. That's one of the reasons I'm broke right now, along w/ the T1s, GS-1, AS-1 & CD/SACD Teac 2000 all purchased within the past 2 months.  Now it's time for a break and pay some bills but, no regrets.  I'm not obsessive, I'm an audiophile ! 
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #57,144 of 135,975

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #57,145 of 135,975

Users who are viewing this thread

Back