What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 19, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #57,124 of 136,327
Has to be my favorite live album!  Just awesome 
beerchug.gif
  Four Way Street is right up there in a completely different way with the live version of "Southern Man":

Can't argue with that..."Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out,"  "Waiting For Columbus," and "4-Way Street" are maybe my top three live albums of all time!

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #57,126 of 136,327
These guys are very promising

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #57,128 of 136,327
Dec 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #57,129 of 136,327

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #57,131 of 136,327
Dec 19, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #57,132 of 136,327
did you ever have a favorite song growing up that you only discovered years later was not written by the band you thought but was actually a cover song ?
i know it happened to me numerous times growing up and with multiple genres of music. here are just a few examples.

KISS - King Of The Night Time World (originally by Hollywood Stars and co authored by Kim Fowley) / Ace Frehley - Back In The New York Groove (originally by Hello) / Joan Jett - I Love Rock N Roll (originally by The Arrows) / Bay City Rollers - Rock N Roll Love Letter (originally by Tim Moore) I Only Wanna Be With You (originally by Dusty Springfield) It's A Game (originally by String Driven Thing) The Carpenters - Sing (originally by Joe Raposo who wrote the song for Sesame Street) / Blondie - Hangin On The Telephone (originally by The Nerves which featured a young Pete Case who went on to be the front man for The Plimsouls) / Soft Cell - Tainted Love (originally by Gloria Jones) / Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy (originally by The Strangeloves) /even when I got into punk rock later in my teens i was surprised to find out years later many of my favorite punk songs were not originals for example The Dickies - Pretty Please Me (was originally written by The Quick who themselves did a fantastic song called 'It Won't Be Long' which I had no idea was by The Beatles) then there were The Boys (UK) a punkpop band from the Britain who remain a favorite of mine to this day,the opening cut on their album was called 'Sick On You' and it wasn't until just recently i discovered that the song was in fact written four years earlier (1973) by a little known British band called The Hollywood Stars  (a sort of UK version of The New York Dolls)  and who The Boys (UK) liked so much they covered another one of their tracks called 'Tumble With Me' and on the Boys second album 'Alternative Chartbusters' they did another song I loved I had no idea for years was a cover called Stop!Stop!Stop! originally by The Hollies) and which I will share both versions of here for your comparison.I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite since for years I had no idea the Boys version was a cover,but suffice to say The Hollies version not only still sounds amazing today,but is one of the only songs I can think of to ever hit the pop charts that features a banjo.a really sobering fact is that most of these songs were covered in a less than ten year radius of the original which just goes to show how oblivious one generation can be to the one that preceded them.thus I try not to be as judgmental when i hear a cover song I think is 'blasphemous'
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #57,135 of 136,327

Darkspace III

Users who are viewing this thread

Back