What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 10, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #50,011 of 135,947
Can't seem to be able to stop listening to these thoroughly charming and delightful Brautigam performances of Haydn's keyboard sonatas:

Actually, I did manage to insert a couple of contrasting items:

Alexander Zemlinsky's 4th String Quartet

and Christoph Graupner's Suite in F major, GWV 451

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #50,012 of 135,947

Walk of life

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #50,014 of 135,947

A friend of mine on the "Let's talk about Metal" Headfi pages turned me on to these guys. He knows I have a taste for the weird & experimental ...this has to be about the most avant garde metal I've ever heard-but really interesting.

I learned about Kayo Dot a few years ago through Rate Your Music. They seem to be one of those groups most hardcore RYMers drool over. Their debut album is at least in my eyes (and in those of many others) still by far their best effort. Hubardo is nice, but I find the quality from track to track to be a bit too inconsistent and on a close to 100-minute album I think that's more than a minor gripe. I'm still waiting for my copy of the vinyl to be shipped, though, so I've yet to hear the album on my speakers which might make the album easier to follow and affect my opinion of it as a whole.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #50,019 of 135,947
Tommy with his new custom Maton 

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #50,020 of 135,947
I am listening to a collection of CDs that were produced by the "cool jazz" station KKSF, based in San Fransisco. I have every CD of theirs except one that became a collectors edition for over $100 now. There allot of CDs, so this may take awhile to get through, like a few days. :)

Bob Graham

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #50,021 of 135,947

I learned about Kayo Dot a few years ago through Rate Your Music. They seem to be one of those groups most hardcore RYMers drool over. Their debut album is at least in my eyes (and in those of many others) still by far their best effort. Hubardo is nice, but I find the quality from track to track to be a bit too inconsistent and on a close to 100-minute album I think that's more than a minor gripe. I'm still waiting for my copy of the vinyl to be shipped, though, so I've yet to hear the album on my speakers which might make the album easier to follow and affect my opinion of it as a whole.

Hubardo is what I heard-streamed it on my stereo through a Sonos system. Beyond bizarre! It is a long recording as you say.

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #50,022 of 135,947

epic 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #50,023 of 135,947
  Can't seem to be able to stop listening to these thoroughly charming and delightful Brautigam performances of Haydn's keyboard sonatas:

Actually, I did manage to insert a couple of contrasting items:

Ahh Ronald Brautigam, I love his Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven!

..when I'm in a forte mood that is
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #50,025 of 135,947

Melancholic folk music from Chris Porterfield, who is constantly referred to as "former bandmate of Justin Vernon". He deserves a much more honorable description; I often prefer his music to Vernon's projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back