Aug 18, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #54,436 of 135,946
Joseph HaydnSymphonies-- No. 74 in E-flat major and No. 75 in D major
The Academy of Ancient Music/Christopher Hogwood

Edward ElgarString Quartet in E minor, Op. 83
Goldner String Quartet

W. A. MozartPiano Concerto No 12 in A major, K. 414
Malcolm Bilson, fortepiano
English Baroque Soloists/John Eliot Gardiner

Gabriel PiernéTrois pieces en trio (1938)
Luxembourg Philharmonic Soloists

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #54,438 of 135,946
  That looks like a Technics MKll what type of cart are you using?  I love that vintage TT 
L3000.gif

It is! I especially love it's durability. I've thought about getting another turntable but now I've focused on other things in my set-up.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's just a Shure M97xE cartridge. It's a great value for the price and I highly recommend it.

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #54,440 of 135,946

The Beatles in Mono (Box Set) / Listening w/Marantz 2238B Vintage receiver in "mono" mode, w/K702 (SP) & HD600 (HDN).  
Pretty darn good.  The "mono" mode on the Marantz makes a world of difference.  

Aug 19, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #54,446 of 135,946
This is a great album and amazing sounding!

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #54,447 of 135,946
  This is a great album and amazing sounding!

I have it on XRCD2. 
beerchug.gif

Over the next few months one of my favorite electronic acts of all time, Symbion Project aka Kasson Crooker, is going to be releasing all of his prior output for free for everyone to enjoy. I'm currently revisiting the first album he chose to offer for the generous price of name-your-price, which also happens to be one of my favorites, Misery in Soliloquy [Exposed]. It is a stripped-down version of his watershed release Misery in Soliloquy which showed a much more personal side of him in the wake of his departure from Freezepop. Here the vocals and drums have been stripped off, revealing just how incredibly textured the music really is and in the process almost magically the record's whole mood and atmosphere change, revealing a new side of itself. A highly, highly recommended release, and once again, it is now free. Kasson has also generously dropped the price of the physical CD to mere $4 plus shipping. That is a crazy good deal! I feel the amazing artwork is worth that alone.

Symbion Project - Misery in Soliloquy [Exposed]
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/misery-in-soliloquy-exposed

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #54,449 of 135,946
31BX6T2jDtL.jpg

A little hard to read-Blut Aus Nord-Memoria Vetusta II / Dialogue With the Stars; 2009

Queen: Greatest Hits I, II & III - The Platinum Collection (3CD)                                                                              

I would prefer more of their classic output from the 70's, but still a lot of great music-particularly disc 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back