What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #53,776 of 135,948
51rFnxG3ijL.jpg

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #53,783 of 135,948

Great Album. However I would be in no hurry whatsoever to get the SACD version.

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #53,784 of 135,948
Despite the hilariously campy cover art, some magical rockin' dwells within this killer album!

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #53,785 of 135,948
  Despite the hilariously campy cover art, some magical rockin' dwells within this killer album!

Hell yea! It's a great album. I own it.

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #53,787 of 135,948
^^ The White album is great I'm still torn between Rubber Soul and Abbey Road 
beyersmile.png

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Beatles-USB/dp/B002VH7P4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406090969&sr=8-1&keywords=beatles+flash+drive

There were 30,000 Flash Apples' made in 2009, if you want it as a collectable don't open the box and leave it in the packaging.  
If you want the lossless audio (14 Beatles albums including the singles) buy the used version in great condition. 
If you can buy the vinyl album set at less than the lowest flash price, and you have a high end vinyl setup, then that maybe the better bargain, if you don't have that setup why buy the CD's,which by the way I already own
deadhorse.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #53,788 of 135,948
^^ edit, hi-def. Auto correct has humor

Hilary Hahn Plays Bach

Soundsgoodtome : That is an excellent Bach musical piece.  Have you listened to the versions by Itzhak Pearlman & Arthur Grumiaux ?  Pearlman's version has been bashed by critics & I can't understand why (probably due to the fact that I'm not a musical expert/critic).  They are both beautifully played; I would deem Grumiaux's version as more technical & Pearlman's version as being more from the heart which is what I generally prefer in music.  Good choice Soundsgoodtome if I may say so.

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #53,789 of 135,948
  ^^ The White album is great I'm still torn between Rubber Soul and Abbey Road 
beyersmile.png

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Beatles-USB/dp/B002VH7P4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406090969&sr=8-1&keywords=beatles+flash+drive

There were 30,000 Flash Apples' made in 2009, if you want it as a collectable don't open the box and leave it in the packaging.  
If you want the lossless audio (14 Beatles albums including the singles) buy the used version in great condition. 
If you can buy the vinyl album set at less than the lowest flash price, and you have a high end vinyl setup, then that maybe the better bargain, if you don't have that setup why buy the CD's,which by the way I already own
deadhorse.gif

Hey RUMAY408 : I only listen to music on CDs & a few ( very few) vinyl LPs.  I have both the mono & stereo remastered Beatles albums.  I can understand why you mention being torn between Rubber Soul & Abbey Road : to begin with, they are both excellent albums/songs but they also happen to be the two best produced stereo albums in The Beatles' catalog.  As you probably already know up until the White Album, the Beatles music was recorded in mono & then converted to stereo.  When RS was converted to stereo George Martin didn't like the final product and so took it upon himself to rework the stereo version on his own.  When EMI remastered the albums (2009 version) RS is the only album that the engineers did go to the original tapes but rather they used George Martin's original stereo conversion as a basis for the remaster.  If you listen to RS closely it sounds better than Revolver, Pepper, Mystery Tour & even the White Album stereo versions as a whole.  The only other stereo album to sound somewhat better is Abbey Road (I don't personally like Phil Spector's production of Let it be; I prefer the 2004 Let it be … Naked version so I don't count it with the other albums in the catalog which of course were all produced by George Martin).  My favourite Beatles albums in order : WA, RS, AR, REV., MMT, SP & LIBNaked followed by the Past Masters.  Never get tired of listening to this band. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #53,790 of 135,948
I will listen to both albums and have at it! While this particular piece calls for technical ability, that doesn't mean much if there is no heart. I for one listen more for enjoyment rather than sheer technique and a critical ear, although I do prefer a bit of both. I've only played for 5 years and haven't picked up a violin in some time so I'm in no position to criticize lol.
Soundsgoodtome : That is an excellent Bach musical piece.  Have you listened to the versions by Itzhak Pearlman & Arthur Grumiaux ?  Pearlman's version has been bashed by critics & I can't understand why (probably due to the fact that I'm not a musical expert/critic).  They are both beautifully played; I would deem Grumiaux's version as more technical & Pearlman's version as being more from the heart which is what I generally prefer in music.  Good choice Soundsgoodtome if I may say so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back