What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #52,366 of 136,287
  This is one of my Favorite electronic albums. I think it does not get enough mention on headfi for how great it really is. Where did you read that they were the greatest thing since the Beatles? Thats an interesting take considering they sound nothing like and have nothing in common with the Beatles.  

I'm just being a little tonged-in-cheek. But, I remember reading a glowing review in Pitchfork and hearing about them either on NPR music or my Rhapsody recommended new releases. It just seemed there was a lot of buzz on the blogosphere when it was first released and I finally figured I should give them a listen. They're much more avant garde or experimental than I first realized. It was definitely a grower. Now I think they're really cool. Pretty out there-but totally captivating....

it's a long album so you got to give it some time-kind of like Swans recent double albums....several hours that beg to be listened as one experience. Problem is-in our culture I'm not sure most people are willing to listen to music in that way. Do people really have the time to sit down and listen to one extended 2-3 hour piece? Either way-the individual tracks hold up for me, also-but feel "weightier" taken as a whole musical movement.

Just my opinion
smile_phones.gif

May 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #52,367 of 136,287
Wu-Tang vs. Jimi Hendrix - Black Gold
Wu- Tang vs. The Beatles - Enter the Magical Mystery Chamber
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
Noi!se - Pushing On
De La Soul - Buhloone Mind State
Otis Redding - The Complete Stax/Volt/Atco Singles Collection
Madlib - Blunted in the Bomb Shelter
Art Of Noise - Daft

May 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #52,368 of 136,287

I'm just being a little tonged-in-cheek. But, I remember reading a glowing review in Pitchfork and hearing about them either on NPR music or my Rhapsody recommended new releases. It just seemed there was a lot of buzz on the blogosphere when it was first released and I finally figured I should give them a listen. They're much more avant garde or experimental than I first realized. It was definitely a grower. Now I think they're really cool. Pretty out there-but totally captivating....

it's a long album so you got to give it some time-kind of like Swans recent double albums....several hours that beg to be listened as one experience. Problem is-in our culture I'm not sure most people are willing to listen to music in that way. Do people really have the time to sit down and listen to one extended 2-3 hour piece? Either way-the individual tracks hold up for me, also-but feel "weightier" taken as a whole musical movement.

Just my opinion
smile_phones.gif

yes, you are right about people not having time or taking time to listen properly. But, I would hope that most people on here are the kind that spend lots of time and take into consideration; the artist's intention while listening. 

Have you heard "silent shout" or "deep cut's" they are also very good especially "silent shout". ¬

May 18, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #52,371 of 136,287

Arrau's Chopin... Why settle for anything less!

May 18, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #52,372 of 136,287
  yes, you are right about people not having time or taking time to listen properly. But, I would hope that most people on here are the kind that spend lots of time and take into consideration; the artist's intention while listening. 

Have you heard "silent shout" or "deep cut's" they are also very good especially "silent shout". ¬

I read about Silent Shout on the internet and it's on the my short list. Thanks for the reminder
beerchug.gif

May 18, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #52,373 of 136,287

I read about Silent Shout on the internet and it's on the my short list. Thanks for the reminder
beerchug.gif

I think its a their masterpiece, its incredible really. 

May 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #52,378 of 136,287
I haven't listened to this album since college and man I forgot how good it was. I had a **** system back then. Now I'm listening on WA2-HD800 and **** it's great!!

¬

The mastering is so good compared to the other toots albums I have. They managed to clear all the dirt off the recording. 
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #52,379 of 136,287

on the near field speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back