What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 19, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #52,396 of 136,062
Been in my head all day so..

Beds are burning.....
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #52,398 of 136,062
Currently having a blast, testing out the Audeze LCD-X to see if they suit my taste. (They DO!!!)

I've been listening to a lot of albums I know well yesterday and today; right now, Roger Waters' 'Amused to Death'.

While I am as tired of Waters' never-ending 'I lost my father in WWII and it bugs the **** out of me' bickering as the next guy, there's no denying that Amused to Death is one of his best solo efforts, both artistically and sonically.

May 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #52,399 of 136,062
  Currently having a blast, testing out the Audeze LCD-X to see if they suit my taste. (They DO!!!)

I've been listening to a lot of albums I know well yesterday and today; right now, Roger Waters' 'Amused to Death'.

While I am as tired of Waters' never-ending 'I lost my father in WWII and it bugs the **** out of me' bickering as the next guy, there's no denying that Amused to Death is one of his best solo efforts, both artistically and sonically.

Even Waters monster ego couldn't eclipse the message he himself chose to convey from Postmans book. Waters solo career could have (and some say should have) begun and ended with this one. It's a brilliant piece of work.

May 19, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #52,400 of 136,062

May 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #52,402 of 136,062

Earl Klugh -- Naked Guitar

Yesterday my dad tasked me with the job of ripping his CDs onto a hard drive (so we wouldn't need to bring around a bunch of CDs since we're moving). However, most of those CDs were pretty crappy (Backstreet Boys, Dad? Seriously?), but this one stood out. It was in perfectly good condition, and I don't think my dad has ever listened to this before. Looks like this is a keeper for me! 
tongue.gif

May 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #52,404 of 136,062

Earl Klugh -- Naked Guitar

Yesterday my dad tasked me with the job of ripping his CDs onto a hard drive (so we wouldn't need to bring around a bunch of CDs since we're moving). However, most of those CDs were pretty crappy (Backstreet Boys, Dad? Seriously?), but this one stood out. It was in perfectly good condition, and I don't think my dad has ever listened to this before. Looks like this is a keeper for me! :p

Score. Klugh is excellent.

May 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #52,406 of 136,062
81LZf8n%2BnnL._SL1400_.jpg

Pig Destroyer-Book Burner 2012

71pmSq-YuCL._SL1500_.jpg

Joe Henry-Blood from Stars 2009

May 20, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #52,408 of 136,062

Even Waters monster ego couldn't eclipse the message he himself chose to convey from Postmans book. Waters solo career could have (and some say should have) begun and ended with this one. It's a brilliant piece of work.

-Agree with the first part; much as I love the musical expression he has chosen, the constant me, me, ME permeating most of his other work gets tiring in the end.

I would, however, be inclined to count The Final Cut as a Waters solo album in all but name - after all, there's hardly a trace of any influence from Gilmour and Mason. I still listen to The Final Cut every now and then. I wouldn't have shed many tears if he hadn't released Pros and Cons... and (in particular!) Radio K.A.O.S, though. :)

May 20, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #52,409 of 136,062
KennyWayneShepherd_GoinHome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back