1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.

Discussion in 'Music' started by mbriant, Aug 16, 2007.
  1. jasonb
    TarkusPNG.png

Some E.L.P.

2. longbowbbs
    KarnivoolAsymmetry.jpg

3. eareo
    Folder.jpg
    Good stuff.

4. jjinh
    Annie_AR_608x608.jpg

5. StratocasterMan
    1372923893_buddy-guy-rhythm-blues-20131.jpg

Buddy Guy's brand new double album. One disc marked "rhythm" and one marked "blues."

6. Quinto

7. Johnnyhi
     Sounds good...

8. daniel0407
    Depeche Mode Delta Machine -  It sounds incredible with the Sennheiser HD 650

9. moriez
    R-2772172-1300355058.jpg

10. PETEREK
    6855033.jpg

11. philo50
    soto.jpg

12. DLeeWebb Contributor
    markknopfler-goldenheartfront_zpse443e00d.jpg
    "Golden Heart" - Mark Knopfler

13. TJ Elite
    SixDegreesofInnerTurbulenceresized.jpg

Vinyl. Just finished listening to this and although I wouldn't say that the CD version is a total disaster (it's perfectly listenable actually) the vinyl decimates it completely. Side four is especially gorgeous. What is ironic is that the CD could sound just as good if a more dynamic master had been used as is the case with the LP. The loudness war is such a sad thing. I do believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel, though.

I haven't really listened to Dream Theater for a couple of years now, but as I've mentioned before in this thread the two albums I remember really liking are Octavarium and Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory. When Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence was recently issued for the first time ever on vinyl I was really hoping in my mind that those two would be (re-)released as well. Well I just checked my local record store's website and Octavarium is being released at the end of the month so only a couple of weeks from now. I'm really pleased with this and will definitely be buying it.

14. Tanjent
    Gary_Moore-Legacy-Trasera.jpg

15. Tanjent
    Quote:

Great Band....