What Are You Listening To Right Now? [#3?]
Aug 31, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #2,476 of 2,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyhambone
Right now...Animal Collective 'Sung Tungs' and some tunes off the 'Prospect Hummer' album. Chief Assassin to the Sinister is a great 3 Mile Pilot listen and I hear there is something new coming out soon...yeah... I've spent the last few days with Nick Cave's Abbatoir Blues. Excellant!

You're OK, jonny. Sung Tongs and Chief Assassin and Abbatoir Blues. Now that's a cool combo
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #2,477 of 2,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey
Beautiful stuff, huh? Do you like Three? Me do.

Coincidentally, I've been heavy dosing on Three Mile Pilot recently, specifically their excellent and hard banging 1995 Geffen second album, The Chief Assassin to the Sinister. The closer, "Androsyn Guardian", playing as I type. I'd been trying to find it for a long time but all you can usually get is the indie version that came out on Headhunter after Geffen unceremoniously dropped them as they and the biggies did with so many others in the mid 90s. Man, I love this album. Very heavy. Really sounds like a combo of Black Heart and Pinback, but heavier than both combined. Really curious to hear what they are gonna do for the upcoming "reunion" album. Great bands in Pinback and The Black Heart Procession. This one even reminds me a little of Slint at times, but more of that Pinback melodic sound. Kind of Television sounding. Very cool. Post-rock meets pre-punk.

"Fingerprints" - The Black Heart Procession

As a whole I think that I like "Three" the best of all of their albums. (...Can't beat "A Light So Dim" though!) Of the ever growing list of bands that you have gotten me onto Black Heart is my absolute favorite. I love this band! I will definitely check out Three Mile Pilot. I like "very heavy." The thought of heavy Black Heart/Pinback is an interesting description indeed. Like you said in an earlier post, it does take me quite awhile to get around to all of the new music at times, but for me it's like having my own store...always something new to listen to. Just ordered Catherine Wheel "Chrome," Head Of Femur "Rigodom Or Proctor," Stereolab "Emperor Tomato," and Tindersticks "2nd." And the beat goes on...

Sep 1, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #2,478 of 2,764
Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #2,480 of 2,764
Tapping the Vein - [The Damage] - Sugar Falls

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #2,483 of 2,764
"Trial of Tears" - Dream Theater

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #2,484 of 2,764
KMFDM - [WWIII] - Last Things

Sep 2, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #2,486 of 2,764
Kate Bush - Wow

very weird voice, but I like it
biggrin.gif