Aug 31, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #2,470 of 2,764
Man so much rock n roll!
wink.gif

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

Aug 31, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #2,472 of 2,764
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
"Waterfront (the sinking road)" - The Black Heart Procession

Beautiful stuff, huh? Do you like Three? Me do.

Coincidentally, I've been heavy dosing on Three Mile Pilot recently, specifically their excellent and hard banging 1995 Geffen second album, The Chief Assassin to the Sinister. The closer, "Androsyn Guardian", playing as I type. I'd been trying to find it for a long time but all you can usually get is the indie version that came out on Headhunter after Geffen unceremoniously dropped them as they and the biggies did with so many others in the mid 90s. Man, I love this album. Very heavy. Really sounds like a combo of Black Heart and Pinback, but heavier than both combined. Really curious to hear what they are gonna do for the upcoming "reunion" album. Great bands in Pinback and The Black Heart Procession. This one even reminds me a little of Slint at times, but more of that Pinback melodic sound. Kind of Television sounding. Very cool. Post-rock meets pre-punk.

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #2,474 of 2,764
Helium Vola - [Helium Vola] - Selig

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #2,475 of 2,764
Right now...Animal Collective 'Sung Tungs' and some tunes off the 'Prospect Hummer' album. Chief Assassin to the Sinister is a great 3 Mile Pilot listen and I hear there is something new coming out soon...yeah... I've spent the last few days with Nick Cave's Abbatoir Blues. Excellant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back