what are u using with your iPhone?
Dec 5, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #2 of 39
I'm using a modded ety er-6i with the iphone cable, full iphone headphone functionality 100000000000x better sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 39
I recently got the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4vi at a local Apple Store. Really like them. SOOO much better than the stock buds and V-Moda Vibe Duo. Pricey, though.

Dec 5, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 39
The recessed headphone jack is ridiculous. I haven't seen an adapter that I like and won't wear iBuds, so I don't use it for music. Still love it overall, though.

I have an iPod, too, so I use that for portable use.

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The recessed headphone jack is ridiculous. I haven't seen an adapter that I like and won't wear iBuds, so I don't use it for music. Still love it overall, though.

I have an iPod, too, so I use that for portable use.

Check out the Scosch adapter from Walmart. The whole package of all kind of adapters for about $10. Somehow, I could not find it online, but I bought a couple at the local store. It's only an inch long and bend at 90 degree angle to say flush on top of the iPhone. I love it. Otherwise, I have to go for the $30 Shure adapter.

BTW, I use iPhone just like my Nano, but without the amp. I think iPhone 1/8" output is much better than earlier generation of ipod/nano.

Jan 6, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 39
I recently purchased through ultimatebuds.com the ety er-6i buds that have been connected to the iPhone cable and love them. I find the sound to be quite crisp and bright...I listen to a lot of electronic music and I find the brightness of these headphones to be perfect for my music taste.

Jan 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #8 of 39
I have been using my E500s with the Shure adapter, that is a great match, with some treble boost on the EQ.

I just received my Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4vi so am going to be breaking those in on the train, At first listen they seem in line with a 100.00 headset. I am curious to see how much isolation they provide.

Jan 6, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #10 of 39
I'm using Bose in-ears - they sound pretty good, they're quick to insert and remove, they don't need an adapter to fit the iPhone and they're reasonably priced (a first for Bose?)

Jan 6, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #11 of 39
I'm using my lime green JVC marshmallows with the rubber around the plug trimmed slightly. It fits perfectly and sounds tremendously better than the regular ibuds.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #14 of 39
iPod Touch, but since it's pretty much the same gadget I'll answer anyways.

Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 \o/ A complete bliss.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #15 of 39
Using the IM 716s. I trimmed the jack so that it fit the iphone. Looking to get into some higher ends IEMs..most likely will pull the trigger on the custom Freqs that just came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back