what are u using with your iPhone?
Jan 7, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #16 of 39
al217739, can you explain and/or show a pick of the adapter you're talking about? I'm very curious. Thx!

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
al217739, can you explain and/or show a pick of the adapter you're talking about? I'm very curious. Thx!

its from sendstation, its a usb/line out adapter that plugs in the bottom,

sendstation-pocketdock5.jpg

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #18 of 39
I'm surprised that the Sendstation dock works with the iPhone. Will check it out. Thanks!

Jan 29, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by al217739 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its from sendstation, its a usb/line out adapter that plugs in the bottom,

sendstation-pocketdock5.jpg

Did you do anything special to get it to work? When I plug it into my iPhone I get sound from the iPhone speaker.

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #23 of 39
I'm using Bose in-ears - they sound pretty good, they're quick to insert and remove, they don't need an adapter to fit the iPhone and they're reasonably priced (a first for Bose?)

Bose headphones are not very good. The so call triport design is all just bass, i find that the highs are not as sharp and detailed but they do have good mids though but even so there jus to much bass.

Jan 30, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using Bose in-ears - they sound pretty good, they're quick to insert and remove, they don't need an adapter to fit the iPhone and they're reasonably priced (a first for Bose?)

Bose headphones are not very good. The so call triport design is all just bass, i find that the highs are not as sharp and detailed but they do have good mids though but even so there jus to much bass.

What... you totally contradict yourself in this post...??

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean.Perrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What... you totally contradict yourself in this post...??

In the same post!
biggrin.gif
Lay off the glue man.

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #26 of 39
I think maybe first he talked about the in-ears and then said the headphone version is not so good.

With my imaginary iphone, I'm using imaginary yuins or the imaginary newer jvc marshmallows fx66 (it's my imagination...so I don't know why I wouldn't be using something better lol). I had an iphone but actually sold it with $50 profit for having unlocked it (had to sell b/c switched from t-mobile to simcardless verizon). At least I got something out of it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #27 of 39
well,

iPod touch owner here too.

I use it's line out. I listen to it using my Futuresonics atrio, Ultrasone HFI-2200 or AKG K701 via a GoVibe.

great como! Even the K701 sounds like perfection out of the GoVibe.

greetz

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #28 of 39
Unfortunately, from what I've read, the iPod touch's line out works differently than the iPhone line out. I think Apple forces the iPhone to rely on a proprietary authenticator chip to output sound from its line out.

As such, no real good suggestion has come up for using the iPhone with a portable amp and better cans.

I'm eager to try the Sendstation mentioned above, if I get an someone to confirm it works out of the iPhone. Or if I can find one local -- so as to return if it doesn't work.

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #29 of 39
i just plug in the sendstation dock, a popup appears saying if i want to use aeroplane mode or not, (yes or no doesnt matter) i prefer the sound to the headphone out, make sure you get the usb/line out one

and it def works on my iphone

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #30 of 39
Hmm... even more intrigued. Pulls up Sendstation Web page and Amazon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back