What are the WORST headphones for the money?
Aug 5, 2005 at 6:14 PM Post #91 of 149
Not yet jjcha. Lack of time prevents my completing the custom purchase. I can wire funds and log onto the Internet from anywhere but unfortunately I can't transmit my ear canals to the audiologist. And in fact these days since we have meets while flying so I can't canalphone myself out, and since I'm not flying scheduled unless necessary the planes I fly in have a considerably reduced need for additional isolation.

I guess I'll have to pick up the E4c too.

If there is a better phone though for what it is than the HD25-1, I'm all over it. If anyone finds it, let me know?

Aug 5, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #92 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
That is exactly what value is!

I define value to have both a price/performance quotient. A Ferrari may be worth every penny (peformance wise) if you can afford it also, but it isn't a good value.

Aug 5, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #93 of 149
What I was saying is that if the price to performance ratio is 1:1, that's good value.

Oi, how about we just agree to disagree?
tongue.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #94 of 149
Yeah, I guess we should agree to disagree. Appreciate the civil discussion, both with you and in general on head-fi. I hate it when people get personal and/or mean when discussing things online. The civility of head-fi is the biggest reason I still post/read here.

Aug 6, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #97 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Yeah, I guess we should agree to disagree. Appreciate the civil discussion, both with you and in general on head-fi. I hate it when people get personal and/or mean when discussing things online. The civility of head-fi is the biggest reason I still post/read here.

well said!!

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #101 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado RS-1. THEY SUCK. BIG TIME.

How so?
blink.gif

And IME, the worst can for the money is the Bose Triport OE. Sounds worse than the AE, and costs $50 more
confused.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #102 of 149
the entire lo-end Sony EX series (EX51, 70, 71, 81) (EXCEPT EX90)

can't vouch for the EXQ1 though as i haven't heard those...

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #103 of 149
lower end sony's, especially the mdr v300's, and bose triports.

Jan 18, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #104 of 149
[size=xx-large]B-B-BOSE![/size]

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back