What are the WORST headphones for the money?
Aug 5, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #76 of 149
I understand your point, but this isn't a tough case. The people who think that $5K headphones are a good value represent a very miniscule percentage of the population. One can intellectualize/rationalize a lot of things, including value, but common sense should take hold at some point.

Aug 5, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #77 of 149
Common sense? Psh!
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #79 of 149
Not being funny guys, but I really would like to know what is better than an HD25-1 for what it is. Highly closed, efficient, portable, very lightweight, and reasonably robust with a decent sound. Because I want it.

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #80 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
HD650 w/Zu
You can do much better with your money.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

For me... Etymotic ER-6i. Not worth $100 at all. They sound like crap, I really don't know why everyone raves about them. Budget In-Ear phones give and will always give tiny sound with no bass.

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #81 of 149
My first expensive headphones were the mdr-v700, to me they were pretty godsend, the music was much more lively compared to my stock zen earphones...and their build quality is superb i think, the only other headphones i've heard were some lower model senns...and i def preferred the mdrv700, they're super comfortable although sometimes it would get hot...but other than that I'm sure they were well worth the cost, around 110-120 that i bought them at

i've heard bose headphones also...they're everywhere...and theyre made out of some cheap plastic...and look like crap....def any bose headphone...

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #82 of 149
Yeah I can understand where youre all coming from... I mean How many of us can really afford a $5K headphone? I certainly can not. But I (for one) still wouldn't categorize it as a "bad value" catagory without a listen first. But I guess thats just me.

If its a great, top notch, unsurpassed sound quality headphone... but out of my price range I wouldnt call it poor value... its just out of my reach.

but thats just me...
Garrett

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #83 of 149
I just don't see why these discussions so often degenerate into discussions implying spending money on high-end gear is a waste, except that there is this morbid fascination with how much some of this stuff costs and how much some people have spent. I'm glad that there are so many people who think they understand good value. I happen to be one of them. But I try not to go about implying how I value things is the right way or "common sense" or that decisions by others are "stupid-dumb."

Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Not being funny guys, but I really would like to know what is better than an HD25-1 for what it is. Highly closed, efficient, portable, very lightweight, and reasonably robust with a decent sound. Because I want it.

There isn't. It's just that it's disappointing that it's only a decent sound as opposed to a good sound. You can get much better sound from canalphones for the same price, but yes, in the same form factor, I haven't found anything else that tops the HD25-1 either. But I'd rather have my canalphones.

Best regards,

-Jason

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #85 of 149
Your sensas arent better than the HD-25's?

There is something seriously wrong with that... I mean, the HD-25's arent even that great.
confused.gif

EDIT: Maybe I misread... did you mean canalphones that cost as much as the HD-25's?

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #86 of 149
I thought you were going UE 10 Pro?

But at HD25-1 price range, you already know about the E4c/super.fi. I think if you're okay with the sonic signature, the E4c has fantastic sound quality. I'm a little less pleased with the super.fi, but it ain't bad. It doesn't have the treble performance of the HD25-1. But I do think sonically it is better overall than the HD25-1. I'd probably spend a bit more and go with the Shure E5c tho if I wanted that sonic signature, though its not as hassle-free as the HD25-1 or super.fi.

Best,

-Jason

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #87 of 149
I'm loving the Shure E4's myself... its like someone took my K271S' and collapsed the soundstage somewhat, added a touch of bass and a bunch more isolation.

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:43 PM Post #88 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
I'm glad that there are so many people who think they understand good value. I happen to be one of them. But I try not to go about implying how I value things is the right way or "common sense"...

Headphones at the .000000001% (or whatever) side of the spending curve are-common sense-not good values. They may be the best, they may be awesome, they may be worth every penny if you can afford it, but they aren't a good value.

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #89 of 149
SONY MDR-EX71...sennheiser PX200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back