What are the most comfortable headphones regardless of price and sound quality?
Feb 8, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #76 of 104
Definitely the HD700 for me, incredibly light, the right shape, the right clamp, the right padding, love the sound signature too.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #78 of 104
Is there any noticeable comfort difference from the t70-90 series compared to the dt770-990 series? They appear to be nearly the same. If there is a difference do you know if the pads are interchangeable? I've got the dt770 and while they are pretty awesome; I'd say the NVX XPT100 w/ angled pads, Bose Sound True (around ear) and the Mr Speakers Maddogs are all more comfortable for extended listening.

The tip of the face of my ear can touch the padding on the interior speaker pad of the dt770 and that gets uncomfy (I've got large ears) I also feel the foam in the silver velour pads is rather stiff. 

As of now I'm going to have to give the title to either the Maddogs or the Bose Soundtrue (I haven't tried any of sony's MDR lineup nor any of the Sennheiser lineup).

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #79 of 104
hd 558 is the most comfortable headphone i have ever used, with reasonable good sound too.. kinda perfect long listening all rounder open back headphones

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #80 of 104
  Shure 1540/1840s. Their alcantara pads have to be the most comfortable out there, and I'm amazed that only one other person has mentioned these.

Casting my vote for the SRH1540, too.  I've had them for a little while now and they are just SUPER comfortable, good weight, excellent pads (though I'm going to get some Alpha pads to try with these), and the clamping force is near perfect.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #81 of 104
Had the Fidelio X2 and auditioned for a couple of hours SRH1540 and HD700 in my quest for the most comfortable headphone. Ended up with the Sennheiser. You know when people say that you can wear something the whole day without any discomfort and it seems always an exaggeration? With the HD700 it isn't.

P.S. The MDR-1A are as comfortable for the first half hour, afterwards they get warm.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #82 of 104
  Had the Fidelio X2 and auditioned for a couple of hours SRH1540 and HD700 in my quest for the most comfortable headphone. Ended up with the Sennheiser. You know when people say that you can wear something the whole day without any discomfort and it seems always an exaggeration? With the HD700 it isn't.

P.S. The MDR-1A are as comfortable for the first half hour, afterwards they get warm.

that is true. the mdr-1r/mdr-1a do feel warm after a while. however, that happens for the majority of closed portable headphones with pleather or synthetic leather or even real leather.

The majority of open headphones are comfortable enough that comfort is not really an issue. the trick is finding a comfortable closed portable as the majority of them have one or two flaws in comfort somewhere (either earcup size or fit or clamp or etc...)

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #83 of 104
After my first headphone meet, I have to say that these are most comfortable:

HD800 - earpads are so massive that your ears don't touch anything
TH900 - pads are so soft as pillows, plenty of space for your ears, also very light
MDR-Z7 - similarly as comfy as the TH900

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #84 of 104
I have been trying to find an purchase a high end headphone that are comfortable for all day usage. I listen to tons of hip-hop, rock, edm, alternative, punk, metal, emo and freestyle. I will be using the headphones for gaming and movies.

Headphones tries so far: Bigger then average head and ears ( wears larger and thicker fashionable glasses)

HD800 Still in return policy- too big, loose and moves when my head moves.. Feels unsecured
HD700 Sold- close to perfect in comfort but my ears touched inside and it became annoying after a while (also harsh treble spike)
HD650 - Way to clampy (fixed with a stretch), ears touch the pads
Fidelio X1 Currently in the classified for sale- Too small, constantly moved off my ears because of the elastic, heavy and clampy 
M50x - Hot, ears touch and jaw pain
K550 Returned - Too much pressure at top of the head (couldn't get a good seal with my glasses)
Beats Studio - pretty comfortable, slightly clampy, hot ears after some listening (needs charging and is not great will all Genres.)
V-moda M100 Returned- Heavy, hot and clampy (I never tried the XL Pads.

I am possibly going to try the either TH600/900 or Sony Z7 though I think those will become hot because of the pad. Also thinking of trying the MA900s or SRH1540..

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #85 of 104
^^^ I would get to the Saturday meet and try those Ethers

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #86 of 104
Come on you pencil necked geeks. Try a real mans headphone . LCD 2.2s. No wimps need apply.:D

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #87 of 104
Ha e you tried any Beyerdynamics? They don't get tight per say, but the pads (especially the silver ones [can't think of the name]) are amazingly comfortable. The T90s are very nice as are the T70 (p model of you're wanting to go portable) only varied by the back design. And are very neutral minus a spike in the highs (not piercing more like detail whorey [spelling])

Edit: fixed a couple grammatical errors from typing on mobile.

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #88 of 104
Ha e you tried any Beyerdynamics? They don't get tight per say, but the pads (especially the silver ones [can't think of the name]) are amazingly comfortable. The T90s are very nice as are the T70 (p model of you're wanting to go portable) only varied by the back design. And are very neutral minus a spike in the highs (not piercing more like detail whorey [spelling])

Edit: fixed a couple grammatical errors from typing on mobile.

Not looking for mobile usage, looking for high end all day home usage on my PC. I have not tried any Beyers yet, might consider them next.

May 1, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #89 of 104
Not looking for mobile usage, looking for high end all day home usage on my PC. I have not tried any Beyers yet, might consider them next.

Comfort wise from my experience:

TH600/900 or Denon D7100, D600
Beyerdynamic T90/T1

Though I must admit that some that are not comfortable for you, I found to be amazingly comfortable. The HD800/700 are fantastic for me and I love my HD650 to bits. Can wear them and forget I am wearing them in seconds....

Cheers,
K

May 1, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #90 of 104
As comfortable as the Bose AE1/AE2/SoundTrue are, the fake leather gets really hot. Still, I'd say they're tied with my current Senn 598s. You have to decide whether you want light, hot headphones, or heavier, cool headphones. I'd place my Piston 2.1s next, they're about as comfortable as any other in-ear, but the sharp aluminium edges on them is a little uncomfortable. Lastly are my Senn Momentum On-Ears. They don't weigh much at all and the alcantara pads stay nice and cool, but they are still on-ear and suffer all the cons that come with that. On the bright side, though, the steel headband bends and holds its shape, so you can mold it to your head shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back