What are the most comfortable headphones available?
Jan 7, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #16 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of Production:
Sony CD1000/3000
Sony R10
Sony Qualia
Sennheiser HE90
Stax Sr-Lambda frames

Current
Sony MDR-F1
Sony SA1000/2000/3000
Denon D10001/2000/5000/7000
JVC DX1000
Audio Technica AD series
Stax (all current)

Any of the said above can be worn for many hours without discomfort.

While the DX1000 may have wonderful pads, I would have to disagree on it's comfort...it's like wearing two hams tied to your head! IT'S HUGE!

Anyway, I would have to go with either Beyer DT770/880/990, Higher end Senns, and a modified pair of KSC-75s. My koss are so light I barely notice them (headband a must).

Nylan

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #20 of 58
x3 on the AT AD series. Most Comfy that I've tried so far...
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #22 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shoulda done a search first,

Yeah, I suppose I should have searched a little more than I did. Sorry 'bout that. None the less, there's plenty of helpful information here. More than I expected. Thanks to everyone who replied!

It seems that circumaural phones, in general, are the most popular choices for comfort. Senns, Beyers, Denon, etc.

If it's not too much trouble, I have a couple more questions. Are the MB quart headphones available in the U.S.?
Are the Sony MDR F1s still available? I think those were supposed to be very comfy too.
I noticed that nobody mentioned floats. Is that because they are difficult to wear?

And last but not least, I noticed that Grados are the least popular choice for comfort. Unfortunately, that's what I have right now. A while back my RS-2s needed new pads and I was on the hunt to order some replacements. That was about the time the GS1000 came out. I noticed that they had improved the pad for that particular phone, so I ordered it as a replacement pad for my RS-2, even though it was recommended only for the GS1000. The improvement in comfort was a huge step forward with the new GS pad. The sound of my RS-2 did change a little bit though. The bass is not as prominent as it was before. But at least I can make it through and entire cd or two before I have to take them off. To me, that's worth it.

Thanks again for all of the feedback. I really appreciate it.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #23 of 58
Stax SR-007(BL). No question asked...
o2smile.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #24 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD555. I can wear them from sunrise to sunset and beyond.

i gotta agree..i had them and wore them for 8 hours straight.

i have HD600..but they put some weight on my head.

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #25 of 58
Yea, I have to agree with BigTony, Beyers are extremely comfortable. I went from 2am to 4pm with these phones during a bus/flight combo just a week and a half ago. I didnt even take them off to take a piss!

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #28 of 58
Full-sized Audio Technicas get my vote.

HD580 and HD600 are quite comfortable as well - the HD650 clamps tighter so I'd say it's not as good for extended listening sessions. That said, the clamping loosens up over time, especially if you place some textbooks between the pads when not using them.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #29 of 58
My Beyerdynamic DT-770's are comfortable. I don't have tons of experience with other headphones though but of the ones I've tried I like these the best.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #30 of 58
I would say that most headphones are by default comfortable. I think that the proper question to be asking would be which phones to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back