What are the most comfortable headphones available?
Jan 7, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say that most headphones are by default comfortable. I think that the proper question to be asking would be which phones to avoid.

nops...headphones by default are not comfortable.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #32 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say that most headphones are by default comfortable. I think that the proper question to be asking would be which phones to avoid.

I could not disagree more!
Imo headphones are not by default comfortable. I can list numerous supra-aural headphones which hardly can be said to be comfortable. Its especially dependent on the earpad material and clamping force.

We are of course allowed to have different impressions about what's comfortable or not.
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #33 of 58
STAX OII for me, it's the only headphone that I can wear for an unspecified amount of time without any comfort issues.

The Sennheiser models I've demoed (6xx series) were very comfortable too.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #34 of 58
HD595's are the most comfortable i've worn. HD650's were the most painful. So much clamp... K701's were pretty comfy but there was a little discomfort here and there(mainly with the headband). RS-1's were interesting...for the most part they could be really light and comfortable and then there were some days when my ears just didnt take to them as well and they would be a little painful.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by tin man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's not too much trouble, I have a couple more questions. Are the MB quart headphones available in the U.S.?

I noticed that nobody mentioned floats. Is that because they are difficult to wear?

I bought mine on ebay for a song. The QP400 are pretty rare, but you can get the lower ones pretty easily. I think there is now a current source for the whole Quart lineup, German Maestro or something, but I believe you have to import them.

I have a pair of Jecklin Float model 2, and they are only about 4rd or 5th most comfy of the headphones I own. While good on the top of the head, they still press against the ears, while the more comfy circumaural phones dont touch the ear at all.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehehe... The MB Quart QP400, are 240g. The QP250/240 are only 220g.
wink.gif

I dont own these, or even have tried them. OP specified most comfy of the headphones you own.

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #36 of 58
HD590: 9/10
DT880: 9/10
HD595/HD650: 7/10
MS2i: 5/10

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #37 of 58
K601 all the way, still the most comfortable headphone in my book

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #39 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K601 all the way, still the most comfortable headphone in my book

X3 on the K601.
Even more comfortable are the out of production Sony MDR-CD1700.

If a headphone is comfortable for you or not, depends for a great deal on the size of your head and ears. If you have big ears, like I do, a lot of cans are uncomfortable, like the aforementioned MB Quart QP250 and AKG K240.

Jan 7, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD595's are the most comfortable i've worn. HD650's were the most painful. So much clamp... K701's were pretty comfy but there was a little discomfort here and there(mainly with the headband). RS-1's were interesting...for the most part they could be really light and comfortable and then there were some days when my ears just didnt take to them as well and they would be a little painful.

With the range of headphones you've owned, how'd you end up with the K81DJ?

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #41 of 58
I have to disagree with the HP-DX1000's as well. Though I love their sound, the headband is pretty painful after a while and the cups clamp even after stretching the headband.

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #42 of 58
Anyone who says the DT 770's obviously hasnt tried on the D2000, D5000, D7000's. It's really in a whole different ballpark of comfort. I was thoroughly disappointed with mine after reading the comfort hype. The denon's make them look bad..real bad.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapiozona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who says the DT 770's obviously hasnt tried on the D2000, D5000, D7000's. It's really in a whole different ballpark of comfort. I was thoroughly disappointed with mine after reading the comfort hype. The denon's make them look bad..real bad.

I have not tried the Denons. There is no question, however, that my DT770s are extremely comfortable. I can wear them for hours with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back