What are the best replacement tips for the JVC Marshmallows?
May 27, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ceman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you guys figure out what size foamies to buy? If the marshmallow foamies fit well, does that mean a medium will fit well?

I would like to know this also... I'm probably gonna go for small seeing as I am a small person ATM
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #17 of 28
I think my foamies are wearing down because my marshmallow foamies used to fit perfectly but now they slip out kinda easily...you think that constitutes a large or a medium?

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #19 of 28
Hi there, long time occasional lurker, first time poster. i bought the Marshmallows after reading about them on here, and have been pretty into them. Although my headphone experience is pretty limited. Anyways.....

The Shure E2C orange foamies work really well for me. The bass is a lot tighter with them, which balances out the sound, and the seal is better too. The mediums seem to work best for me, and they're the closest in size to the original Marshmallow tips. i found a place on eBay that sells single pairs of the Shure foamies, so i was able to try all three sizes without spending a bunch.

To get the Shure foamies to fit though, you have to remove the grey tubing on the Marshmallows. And even then it's still a pretty tight fit, but you should be able to get them on.

i'm actually currently trying out the tips i pulled off of a set of "Hi-Fi Hearos" earplugs. They're the same thing as the Etymotic ER-20 earplugs, just re-branded. They're a triple-flange style, and they go in pretty deep. But, i'm used to wearing those earplugs, so it's not too big of a deal for me. They isolate even better than the foamies, but i'm not sure yet if they sound any better.

Hope this helps.....

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #20 of 28
E2C foams... love 'em.

Jul 11, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bebanovich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As luck would have it, when I got home tonight the E2C tips were waiting for me. They are a huge improvement over the stock in terms of comfort because I don't have to cram them halfway into my brain to get a seal.

This led to a huge sonic improvement too because the seal is so much better for me. Once I ripped the grey sleeve off of the Marshmallow, I went ahead and did a full Kramer mod with some old foam from an earbud (I don't know how anyone keeps foam on those things anyway). Big improvement all around.

Take a look at the size of my head from my avatar, however, and you will be reminded of how subjective good fit/seal is for IEM's.
smily_headphones1.gif

I had to keep foam on my Philips she2610 because without the foam,it either doesnt sit well in my ear,or maybe it sorta provides a seal of some sort......but anyway,without the foam sox,it sounds very thin. Maybe some Griffin Ear Jams? I dont know. I may buy some to experiment.
Its not like its my main phones.but i get curious when i see something and have to buy..lol. Only $14.95us ,so not much of a gamble.

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #24 of 28
*bump*

I picked up a pair of Marshmallows for 10 bucks on sale at Circuit City. Nice timing for the deal, since the cable for the left ear on my KSC75s wonked out. I love these things! I tend to use them on the train, so they sound a lot better than the completely unisolated KSC75s. The fact that they take up zero space in my pocket is nice as well.

Anyways. I've been having a rather irritating problem with tips on the Marshmallows. I can't seem to put them in properly. I try rolling them, but they don't get much thinner. When I put them in my ears, the tips just get scrunched back. I get somewhat of a seal, but the grey plastic tube protrudes. Rather uncomfortable. Any idea what I should do or what the problem is? What tips should I use instead? Any chance I can buy them at a brick and mortar in Boston?

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #26 of 28
I'll see your bump and raise you a piggyback
smily_headphones1.gif
I like the MMs for certain situations, but the foamies put too much pressure on my ear canals, and it eventually leads to troubles in the eustachian tubes. Deal breaker! Are the Shure e2 foamies softer? I see that there's an available "ultra soft" sleeve--has anybody given these a listen? Do the flanged style tips exert less pressure? TIA
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
e2c foamies (they are orange colored)

You spelled Colour wrong...

What other tips fit on the Marshmallows? I'm kinda getting sick of the E2 Foams.

Sep 9, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #28 of 28
can anyone help me how i can put on the shures e2 foam on the marshmallow? i cut the silver band and then tried putting on the e2 foam but does not fit due to the inner plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back