What are the best bass phones in the universe!?
Jul 26, 2007 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
I am asking all on head fi to answer a possibly un answerable question
confused.gif

which headphones have absolutely incredible bass
basshead.gif

What i'm looking for in term of best bass is very punchy yet not overwhelming bass
It must be very refined and detailed and it must extend to the very low frequency range
also if possible tell me if its drivable by a DAP and its price

basically the headphones with the most undisputed beautiful bass in the universe hands down

I know its a very hard question as there are many great choices out their but your input is always welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 41
So, I'm assuming you're willing to spend $1000+ because you did not mention a price limit?

These types of questions are also asked very frequently. You should make it a habit to use the search tool to find out more information as this type of question has come up a lot in the past.

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 41
yes thats right because im doing this to simply find out (for i may buy a pair in the future) and i plan on having alot of funds

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 41
Disputable kings of bass (list updated):

Audio Technica L3000
Grado PS1
Ultrasone Edition 9
TakeT H2
GS1000 w/ bowls
Darth Beyer's (Headphiled Dt770's)

Have fun!

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 41
Yes the AT L3000 come to the surface everytime that good bass is involve, if you got lot of money this is your phones. If you don't have that kind of money the DarthBeyer seem to be pretty loved by bassheads around here, great powerfull and tight bass. Good hunting.

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 41
He said universe guys. There may be a batch of 'phones on Mars that the previous mentioned cans can't even touch bass-wise.

So, don't go making claims you can't backup without hard proof!

Oh, wait..this is Head-fi.

Jul 26, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Disputable kings of bass:

Audio Technica L3000
Grado PS1
Ultrasone Edition 9
TakeT H2

Have fun!

Add GS1000 with bowls/flats to that list. The bass then is on par with the PS-1.

Jul 26, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 41
We need more opinions, but as it stands now, TakeT H2 should hold that position. L3000, PS-1, Edition 9 probably should all be on the list of contenders though...

Jul 26, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We need more opinions, but as it stands now, TakeT H2 should hold that position. L3000, PS-1, Edition 9 probably should all be on the list of contenders though...

I haven't heard the H2 so can't comment on it. I have owned the L3k and PS-1 and heard the Edition 7 and 9 (though never owned them)... I'd have to say on the original poster's criteria:

Punchy but not overwhelming bass... refined and detailed and extreme low extension

That would be the Qualia 010. I wouldn't call it punchy. But nothing is is more refined, detailed or more extreme in low extension. Nothing else matches the timber of its texture. Others may be more impact -- which I do consider a good thing and why I like the L3k and PS-1, but overall, the best quality bass is the 010 for me. I do like the GS1000 with bowls, but that is because of their impact (and fun, punchiness) not because of the other criteria.

Best regards,

-Jason

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #10 of 41
I have not heard any of them, but from hanging around this forum i understand that these are the king of bass (and probably others as well):
* TakeT H2
* Audio Technica L3000
* Grado PS1
* Ultrasone Edition 9

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #11 of 41
What would you guys consider the best BASS phones?

...I am looking for in-ear (since isolation is important...i'm a student at a university with a loud library) and my budget is around $300..thanks guys

I currently have the sure se310's...but im not reallys satisfied with the bass..Thanks

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #12 of 41
There's also at least one variation of the K340 that has a mega level of bass. 'Twas the first time I heard a headphone that could do real justice to Crystal Method and Prodigy.
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #13 of 41
I look for the most detail/soundstage/neutrality in headphones..anything but a thunderous base..as long as its tight and fast,the base is good,because,it will never compare to speakers anyway

Jul 26, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #14 of 41
I heard that the GS1000 have good bass and the price for me is acceptable so in that ball park of pricing what are the cans available?

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyecon82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would you guys consider the best BASS phones?

...I am looking for in-ear (since isolation is important...i'm a student at a university with a loud library) and my budget is around $300..thanks guys

I currently have the sure se310's...but im not reallys satisfied with the bass..Thanks

super fi 5eb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back