What are the best bass phones in the universe!?
Jul 26, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's also at least one variation of the K340 that has a mega level of bass. 'Twas the first time I heard a headphone that could do real justice to Crystal Method and Prodigy.
wink.gif

Sounds like my old pair
eek.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #18 of 41
One million dollar question...

Anyway, for power/quickness/extension/balance qualities I vote for the Alessandro MS2i, really one of the best bass I've heard (especially for rock).

Jul 26, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Others may be more impact -- which I do consider a good thing and why I like the L3k and PS-1, but overall, the best quality bass is the 010 for me. I do like the GS1000 with bowls, but that is because of their impact (and fun, punchiness) not because of the other criteria.

What criteria is more important than fun and punchiness. Texture, extension, etc. is something you study in a lab. What are we in this hobby for?
wink.gif

Nice to see the GS-1000 bass get some credit.

Jul 26, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #20 of 41
i use two 12" subwoofers attached to a 2x4 and strap it onto my head with masking tape.

lots of bass i tell you! it extends WELL below 30Hz! (and not much above it either rofl)

Jul 26, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i use two 12" subwoofers attached to a 2x4 and strap it onto my head with masking tape.

lots of bass i tell you! it extends WELL below 30Hz! (and not much above it either rofl)

lol Mounted isobarically they're even better.
basshead.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard that the GS1000 have good bass and the price for me is acceptable so in that ball park of pricing what are the cans available?

GS1000 and Ed. 9. I haven't heard the ed. 9.

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #24 of 41
Can someone give a comparison of the bass on these phones and price
GS-1000
MSi
ultrasone edition 9
L3000
H2
PS1

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by eightbitpotion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bassheadphones.jpg

These are the solution for your criteria.
smily_headphones1.gif

hahaha this has made my day,dats serious bass dats like a couple of mtx jackhammers on your head thats fat.i would seriously love to see if anyone would litteraly survive dam strapped on head with 12,000 watts of bass in each ear lol
basshead.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

on a serious note if your talking pure head smashing bass theres a fair few headphones out there that give you that but not a heck of a lot give you honest pure deep bass,for that you really are talkin these 1ohm jackhammers,my shure se530 give great clean bass but if your talking pure head smashing i couldnt say a good cheap pair of earphones with hard bass but a bit muddy then your looking super fi 5 eb's but the ball park is wide,its all about what you will spend obviously full size headphones may beat earphones anyday with bass but i couldnt comment on headphones ive always stuck with high quality iem's,maybe im missing out

Jul 27, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what iv ever heard (and by head-fi standards thats not a lot) Darth Beyers.

i had the option to get some of them but was neva convinced by the seller as to why to purchase them can u shed some light on em

Jul 27, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had the option to get some of them but was neva convinced by the seller as to why to purchase them can u shed some light on em

I have only heard Open V3 darth beyers, no others. I have about 120+ hours of burn in on them. Ill only comment on the bass at the moment because I am sitll evaluating them...

Firstly the bass on these are massive, it seemed to overpower everything. It took a while to get used to it and realise that its actually staying very controlled, and now when I listen to anything else, those other cans/speakers sound puny!

I dont know if its my ears (I had a cold this past week), but their sound has changed a lot after breaking in, and leaving them to rest.

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #29 of 41
how about at the $200 below mark? is it a homerun for the DT770s?

thing about them is they need amping...so really, I'm looking for a cheap amp but can drive the DT770s PROPERLY. I've read that the MOVE or the Mseed spirit can do it...is that true?

Sorry for hi-jacking, but I'm just looking into reality for now
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back