What are the best bass phones in the universe!?
Jul 27, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by eightbitpotion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bassheadphones.jpg

These are the solution for your criteria.
smily_headphones1.gif

We have a winner!
tongue.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by only500made /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about at the $200 below mark? is it a homerun for the DT770s?

thing about them is they need amping...so really, I'm looking for a cheap amp but can drive the DT770s PROPERLY. I've read that the MOVE or the Mseed spirit can do it...is that true?

Sorry for hi-jacking, but I'm just looking into reality for now
tongue.gif

yes for under 200, DT770 is the way to go. for under 25 bucks, you can try the Koss KSC-75 too, no joke. Have fun!

Jul 27, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes for under 200, DT770 is the way to go. for under 25 bucks, you can try the Koss KSC-75 too, no joke. Have fun!

I would say the marshmallows beat the ksc75 in terms of bass in the sub $25 class.

Jul 27, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone give a comparison of the bass on these phones and price
GS-1000
MSi
ultrasone edition 9
L3000
H2
PS1

I can give a comparison of the PS-1 and L3000. I had the GS-1000 as well but it's been a while so I might not be as accurate.

PS-1: $1800-2500 current used prices but can vary above or below this. The bass is very impactful. Has a great attack and slam. Goes very deep. A very tight quick sound. Occasionally can sound just tab bloated on certain tracks but for the most part great. Bass can have a similar sound album to album.

L3000: $1900 - $2500 current used prices but can vary above or below this. Bass not as impactful as the PS-1. Bass seems to have more variation. It goes deeper than the PS-1 and has more texture. It can be very impactful on one track and nice and soft on another. Also has much better placement of drums and bass. I haven't noticed any bloat yet. Also has an overall warmer sound than the PS-1.

GS-1000: $995 new. not sure how low on used market. I think I've seen them as low as $775. My memory is fading on the sound of these. The bass was more distant and can sometimes be boomy on certain tracks. I don't think they are as quick as the L3000 and definitely not as quick as the PS-1. Doesn't not have the same texture as the L3000. Good placement of bass and drum but at a further starting distance than the L3000. That's all I can remember.

Jul 27, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can give a comparison of the PS-1 and L3000. I had the GS-1000 as well but it's been a while so I might not be as accurate.

PS-1: $1800-2500 current used prices but can vary above or below this. The bass is very impactful. Has a great attack and slam. Goes very deep. A very tight quick sound. Occasionally can sound just tab bloated on certain tracks but for the most part great. Bass can have a similar sound album to album.

L3000: $1900 - $2500 current used prices but can vary above or below this. Bass not as impactful as the PS-1. Bass seems to have more variation. It goes deeper than the PS-1 and has more texture. It can be very impactful on one track and nice and soft on another. Also has much better placement of drums and bass. I haven't noticed any bloat yet. Also has an overall warmer sound than the PS-1.

GS-1000: $995 new. not sure how low on used market. I think I've seen them as low as $775. My memory is fading on the sound of these. The bass was more distant and can sometimes be boomy on certain tracks. I don't think they are as quick as the L3000 and definitely not as quick as the PS-1. Doesn't not have the same texture as the L3000. Good placement of bass and drum but at a further starting distance than the L3000. That's all I can remember.

Thanks for the input now after seeing pricing i say i would get the GS-100- because for its price i can't get the cans and a decent price compared to buying the L3000 or PS-1
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Thanks for the input now after seeing pricing i say i would get the GS-100- because for its price i can't get the cans and a decent price compared to buying the L3000 or PS-1
biggrin.gif

I haven't heard them, but don't forget the Ultrasone Edition 9. They $1500 new.

Jul 27, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #38 of 41
Anybody can compare some of the ones listed above with Stax gear?
I know I can't expect punch but controlled, well-extended bass...
And how about Atrios?

Jul 28, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #39 of 41
Scratch what i said about buying the GS-100 on amazon for its price i can get the AKG701(i have been eying these),sennHD650,and the Beyerdynamic DT-990's for the price of one GS-1000 and i say thats a better deal by a long shot! also i hear the the beyer 770's have more bass than the 880's or the 990's can some one please explain

Jul 28, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #40 of 41
First off all I want to say that I have heard the GS1000, RS1, etc... But not the PS1 or L3000.

But I have two Stax phones to mention, with excellent bass. Each in their own way.
* 4070 -> Have the best bass punch I have ever heard from a headphone. They are very well controlled, neutral and with a great punch. Clearly beat the GS1000 and all other electrostatic headphone I have heard.
* SR-007 -> Very well extended (said to go down to 6Hz) and controlled. But don't have the same impressive punch as the 4070.

Check them out!
lambda.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

I am asking all on head fi to answer a possibly un answerable question
confused.gif

which headphones have absolutely incredible bass
basshead.gif

What i'm looking for in term of best bass is very punchy yet not overwhelming bass
It must be very refined and detailed and it must extend to the very low frequency range
also if possible tell me if its drivable by a DAP and its price

basically the headphones with the most undisputed beautiful bass in the universe hands down

I know its a very hard question as there are many great choices out their but your input is always welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

In the Universe,you ask...hmmmm.In a galaxy far,far away there's a guy that owns the ultimate pair of closed headphones.I guess the bass must be out of this world,look at how distracted he looks.The other guy prefers the open version,he cannot afford the luxury of missing any orders.
The funny box in the chest,that's the amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back