What are my best options for headphones under 200?
Oct 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Cstone97

New Head-Fier
I've been looking at headphones for a few weeks now and i still can't make up my mind. I've looked at AKG, V-Moda, Sol Republic, Grado, Seinnhiser, and some Sonys. I don't know which will be best for the kind of music I listen to rock, blues, alternative, indie, and some rap. Can anyone help me make up my mind? I've never had good headphones and I want a upgrade from these white iPod ones. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 10
open has a generally more spacious and refined sound while closed generally provides more punchy bass and much better isolation

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 10
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.

This is a good suggestion, however from other reviews I have looked at, I would suggest the DT770 80 ohms with a fiio e11 portable amp and LOD. you can get them for about 150-160 on ebay right now and the amp is about 50 bucks.

Oct 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 10
I'm pretty interested in these, can you send me a link to where I can customize them? Thanks! Anyone else have any ideas for headphones? How are the vmoda lp2's? Or seinnhiser hd25-ii?

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 10
Hate to bump an old thread, but I just love helping people!

OP, here's the link to the Customs. You customize them by clicking on the "Accessories" link at the top and just buying the faceplate that you want. I suppose they just ship it to you after you buy it (I mean how else would they do it lol), but it looks like they have a pretty modest selection of them. I wish they would have more, but whatever. Maybe you can find more online somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back