What are comparable IEMs to Sunrise Xcape IEs with similar pricing and sound quality?
May 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MSHDigit

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fiers,

I've gone through two pairs of Sunrise Xcape IEs which each only lasted me a few weeks due to their durability issues which are laughable at best.  They always overheated and eventually the wiring came unattached in one side in both pairs, meaning that one ear was drastically louder than the other.  

Basically what I'm looking for then are a pair of IEMs that have a similar sound to the Sunrise Xcapes and that are in a similar price range to them, but are more durable.  I'm sick of these things not working.  I just want some IEMs that are going to last me a long time because shipping these things back, repurchasing, and replacing headphones constantly is starting to cost me a lot of dough.

For a referencing point, for me, the sound of the Xcape IEs is just about perfect, if not a little too "distant" sounding.  I absolutely adored the fullness and warmth of the rolling bass, etc. and I grew very used to the IE's sound signature.  I can go for something different, of course, but there is no way that I'm stepping down in quality.  The new earpod things just won't cut it!

I would REALLY appreciate some help here.  I've been browsing these forums for a long time researching what to purchase, but I really have no understanding of the technical lingo here.  I'm certainly a noob and far from an audiophile, but I appreciate good sound.  This makes it hard to understand what I'm getting in IEMs before I get them.  It even took me FOREVER to decide on the Xcape IEs before I got them.

Thanks!

May 6, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 2
First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-279-iems-compared-audio-technica-ckm500-added-05-01-13-p-678#post_6492044

Though the RE-400s seem to be very much worth a look in your case. I do remember the sunrises to be slightly warmer and more full but similar in tonality overall against the RE0s, and that's sort of the same feeling I get with the RE-400s. Even the straight-barrel form factor is similar, albeit a different aesthetic design, different fit/insertion (relatively), different cabling (better this time around for sure, but the cable jack...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back