What amp did you start out with? & what do you have now?
Jul 5, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #91 of 191
The first one i bought was a RSA Tomahawk. Then I bought a:

Heed Canamp, Darkvoice 336i, pinkfloyd modded DV 336i, Graham Slee Solo "Green", Singlepower Extreme (not received yet) and last a Decware MODEL CSP2 (not received yet). I haven`t sold a single item. The only one i am disappointed with is the Heed Canamp. This one picks up radiosignals.

Jul 5, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #92 of 191
I haven't bought many amps; I've generally built them all; exceptions are PPAv1 with Glassman buffers and APS rewire and Xin SuperMacro.

My progression has been:

Pimeta (still consider the best bang/buck)
CMOY
Sijosae Class-AB
PINT
PPAv2
SOHA
Mini^3
Millet Max
CKK-III
PPAS
Heed CanAmp-like amp with major improvements
PPAv1 (Glassman buffers + APS rewire)
Beta22

That's most of them, with a few variations of diamond buffered amps off the Sijosae designs.

Now I'm leaving the Beta22 and SOHA (with JISBOS) for home; CKK-III for the office and the PPAS for portable.

All except the Beta22 and PPAS are definitely switchable (and will be soon as I'm prototyping the SOHA II and I'm thinking of another amp for the office).
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #95 of 191
Mine has been a short journey...

... beginning with the MF X-CANv3 - a great amp, especially with the PF mods... and... another "huge bargain."

The rest are in my signature (e.g. DV332, GS Solo, etc.).

Why not "all the rest?" I still have a shread of self-discipline... and... I'm biased towards "value" (i.e. I'm cheap).

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #96 of 191
My 1st amp purchased was my PS Audio GCHA . . . see signature for the rest. Still have and love them all.

Cheers,
Garry

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #97 of 191
Bought a HeadRoom Total Airhead in 2006 and now I am using a RSA Predator since June 2008. Don't think I'll "upgrade" this amp for a long time
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #98 of 191
First amp I ever bought was a C&C Box V2, never did use it to the fullest extent, but then upgradetitis hit me and I bought the Little Dot MkIII, still haven't put that to good use either, but it will be soon enough.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #99 of 191
started out with a HR Airhead, and now have a HR Desktop Amp- so I guess I have come full circle. For portable use these days I find the Headsix more than adequate.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #100 of 191
I started with the Stax SRM-007, which still are my main amplifier.
Since then I have bought and sold an RSA The Hornet, RSA The Tomahawk, and a Stax SRM-1/MK2 Pro.

So as of two years ago I now just have the Stax SRM-007t. :0

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #101 of 191
I started out with a Cmoy with about 3 or 4 variations. Then the others:

SOHA
MilletMax (x2)
Beta22 (finished yesterday)

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #102 of 191
First amp was the original Hornet. Now I have a MPX3 SLAM SE, Supra Extreme, PINT, Mini cubed, Pico and Firestone Little Country.

Jul 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #104 of 191
Started out with a GoVibe 5 which I got for free on my first HF meet from a fellow headfier.
Later on I bought the Larocco PRII and my boyfriend bought (me) an Xtra X1Pro on Ebay when he was a tad drunk (haha).
Afer that I got the change to use the speakeramp as headphone amp: Akai AM69.
Hopefully the Beta 22 will be coming next...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back