What amp did you start out with? & what do you have now?
Jul 6, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #106 of 191
First headphone amp was a Musical Fidelity X-Can V3, then a Little Dot 2+, Little Dot 2++, Pro-Ject HeadBox II, Woo Audio WA6

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #110 of 191
Started out with a portable Headroom Airhead and now have Headamp Gilmore Lite/DPS.

Aug 28, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #114 of 191
The Total Bithead got me started - and introduced me to this place when I came upon some posts during a Google. Actually it's a so-so amp on its own but the DAC function revolutionised my computer listening. It was a huge step up in SQ.
Then came the Millett Hybrid with diamond buffers. Together with a MicroDAC, I was in a whole new world. Very good system.
Now my Earmax Pro with some good NOS tubes has raised the bar so high that the Millet just isn't getting much use as a secondary system.
EMP + USB Monica is spectacular. It is so organic and outright magical that it hardly qualifies as digital.
Call me happy.

Aug 28, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #116 of 191
I started in '03 with a RSA XP-7 w/ Power Supply => Woo Audio 3 => RSA Raptor => MPX3 Slam SE ++ => Zana Deux. I have always bought used with the exception of the ZD. I think I am done as far as amps go. I still want to try out a GS-1 though.....

I also had a RSA Hornet and RA-1 Clone for a brief period of time.

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #118 of 191
Creek OBH-11 -> about 10 different amps and now I'm back to owning nothing more than the exact OBH-11 I started with and let collect dust for so many years. My work now precludes most headphone listening, but someday I want to get a good solid state to run off the iMod.

Aug 28, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #119 of 191
Started out with an RSA Tomahawk in the beginning of 2007. I now have a DV 336 modded by former head-fi member pink floyd, Travagan`s Red with 627BP OPA, Decware CSP2 and a Singlepower Extreme which I received for just a few days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back