What am I doing wrong?
Oct 5, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Ety mc5 vs Shure SE215 ?

I mainly listen to hip hop, jazz, reggae/dancehall. My budget would probably be $80-100 at the very max, but spending so much needs to be justifiable. Also I need bass for my music, I need to feel the vibration in my body everytime the bass hits. Otherwise my music feels dead and doesn't energize me.

you won't feel the bass in your body from any iem :/ unless you want to blowout your eardrums lol but they say that the shure 215s are quite bassy for iems...

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Ety mc5 vs Shure SE215 ?

I mainly listen to hip hop, jazz, reggae/dancehall. My budget would probably be $80-100 at the very max, but spending so much needs to be justifiable. Also I need bass for my music, I need to feel the vibration in my body everytime the bass hits. Otherwise my music feels dead and doesn't energize me.

215's all the way. Ety's have no bass, but both should last and have 2 year warrenties.

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #18 of 21
Ety's have bass, but I find my Shure to be somewhat more satisfying in that regard. For example, I prefer to listen with my Shure SE-215 when it comes to tunes such as the Tron sound track.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #19 of 21
So I'm here thinking about getting the Shure SE-215 and decided to search this forum and people keep saying that the cable gives out quickly like in this thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/556838/shure-se215-iem-issues-cutting-out-audio 
This has me worried about buying the SE-215 again. Is this problem still prevalent? Any thoughts are welcomed.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
So I'm here thinking about getting the Shure SE-215 and decided to search this forum and people keep saying that the cable gives out quickly like in this thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/556838/shure-se215-iem-issues-cutting-out-audio 
This has me worried about buying the SE-215 again. Is this problem still prevalent? Any thoughts are welcomed.

I don't think that was the cable giving out. I believe on the early batch(es) of SE215's the rotating connector could cause some cutting out due to how they implemented the removable cable. I think it was fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back