What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jun 9, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #8,221 of 14,566
So we learned to scale up and reduce costs for all users. That is exactly why you get so much for the buck in our products, uniquely for those made in the USA. This is really how we can disrupt the market, something we frequently are accused of.

The audio industry is in desperate need of disruption. Thank you for providing it. Please keep it coming.

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #8,222 of 14,566
The audio industry is in desperate need of disruption. Thank you for providing it. Please keep it coming.

Agreed 1000%

:L3000:

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #8,225 of 14,566
I've been following Schiit since the beginning. I've also been eagerly waiting for Schiit to become big and important enough for all kinds of haters and trolls to emerge. The moment has come. It was inevitable.

Jun 9, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #8,228 of 14,566
Jun 9, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #8,231 of 14,566
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #8,234 of 14,566
...(snip)... This is really how we can disrupt the market, something we frequently are accused of. Sorry for the shameless bragging...(snip)...Occasionally, posters show up who are just like lice, leeches, and ticks. They depend on others to survive, and fall off when they are sated, only to show back up when they need feeding and attention. They seem to be part of our world, whether trolls or lampreys. The particularly stubborn metastasize rather than reproduce.

Anyway, what works for me is just to keep doing what I have been doing. I hope all enjoy this thread in the furtherance of this hobby as being just that – a pursuit of an activity we like.
I think disrupting the marketplace is a good thing. As I understand it, if Schiit wants to compete in a global market, it has to be innovative, be agile, and have a clear corporate culture. On CBC radio, we have a show called Under The Influence (AKA - The Age of Persuasion), by Terry O'Reilly. These themes come up a lot.
Oh, and it's tick season up on the woodlot. Gilles Lake is swarming with leeches (carnivorous worms). Great, now I have @Baldr 's image of intellectual parasites in my mind. Um, thanks? :ksc75smile:

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #8,235 of 14,566
Mike,
I do know the phenomena of hearing someone speak about you and not recognizing yourself.
It's painful because your real motives and actions are so different.
Just keep up the good work and ignore them.
Make us a nice CD-transport, a maxi Loki/Gadget with balanced in/out and that freaking turn table.
The latter will be Constanza's new "hunting practice toy" so please do include 78rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back