What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Oct 1, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #14,056 of 14,566
I'm certain I have at least 1 or 2 Scribendum's somewhere in my total of 3,000 CD's. If I get a chance I'll see if I can find them. It/they are not on the topo of my pile so I don't look for them often to play. Other than that I'm not much help. Hyperion makes some of my favorite recordings.

Oct 9, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #14,057 of 14,566
Just found this old interview!
A tie and hair!!!
:>)

Enjoy!

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mike-moffat-re-creating-musical-event

1633796759685.png

Alex

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #14,058 of 14,566
Oct 9, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #14,059 of 14,566
One thing I was mulling over is the thought of having to go to a "unamplified" setting concert etc to hear instruments in the wild so to speak...

I have always said "give me the bits" dont muck with the bits...what comes in needs to be what comes out so to speak.

So if some bands only play non acoustic instruments then I want to hear that as well as can be...too.

I hope that a dac that allows for the best reproduction of live non amplified music would also reproduce the less natural amplified stuff as well...

Alex

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #14,060 of 14,566
One thing I was mulling over is the thought of having to go to a "unamplified" setting concert etc to hear instruments in the wild so to speak...

I have always said "give me the bits" dont muck with the bits...what comes in needs to be what comes out so to speak.

So if some bands only play non acoustic instruments then want to hear that as well as can be...too.

I hope that a dac that allows for the best reproduction of live non amplified music would also reproduce the less natural amplified stuff as well...

Alex
I think it does. YMMV.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #14,061 of 14,566
I have always held the same thoughts on music reproduction.....I want it all good, mediocre or bad.
Being able to hear into the source material.
Getting that "rush" that Mike speaks to in that article.....akin to being at the venue....
At times the illusion is grand...but often fails in real comparison...

The search, journey for audio perfection goes on!

:>)

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #14,062 of 14,566
The search, journey for audio perfection goes on!
As you may know - and if you don't yet you will eventually - this is a fool's pursuit. Find what works for you. That's all that really matters. :)

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #14,063 of 14,566
Oct 9, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #14,065 of 14,566
As you may know - and if you don't yet you will eventually - this is a fool's pursuit. Find what works for you. That's all that really matters. :)
Ha at the rip old age of 72 yrs here and hearing that still goes up to 15khz...I am always amazed at technology and "have" found many variants of headphones, amps and dacs and music that floats my boat...

Part of the fun for an old EE is playing with all the choices and combinations....this for me is part of this journey that I hope continues for many more years!

Its all about that rush..whether it be the music, the gear or other stuff...

One day it will end!!
Enjoy the music while you can!!
And enjoy the friends you make along the way!

Alex

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #14,066 of 14,566

So if some bands only play non acoustic instruments then I want to hear that as well as can be...too.

Alex

Bits sound awful! Please muck with them to make the “musical” analog.

Oct 10, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #14,068 of 14,566
LOL! You better go total analog, vinyl, moving coil cartridge, pre-amp etc...or better yet just buy the best live venue tickets and have your perfect "analog" sound!!

Enjoy the music!
For the price of a $5,000 DAC you could hire a starving acoustic musician to play in your living room twenty times.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #14,070 of 14,566

Alex

Bits sound awful! Please muck with them to make the “musical” analog
LOL! You better go total analog, vinyl, moving coil cartridge, pre-amp etc...or better yet just buy the best live venue tickets and have your perfect "analog" sound!!

Enjoy the music!
just saying that digital without a digital to analog converter sounds pretty bad on its own =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back