What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jul 14, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #8,656 of 14,566
tumblr_moprwjSirI1r14pjvo1_400.gif
bda089d947b650a27f664267216a3353.gif
tenor.gif
tumblr_lrn5fsZWj61qd1k34.gif
cSZDGm.gif

Jul 14, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #8,659 of 14,566
I feel Baldr is channeling me in this message. Get out of my head, you crazy old man! :wink: Or am I the crazy old man? Hit 55 on Thu so probably.

Autotune is an invention which permits singers devoid of any singing ability whatsoever to automagically fake it as musical performers.

Is it really easy to hear autotune? Or can you make us an autotune detector? Is autotune
acceptable if it's just for danceable pop music? Do they use autotune in commercial Broadway productions?

I mean, I think I can hear autotune but then I get in arguments with my daughter.
To introduce my comments on musical theatre versus opera. I really love them both. What they have in common with stage plays is they are not meant to be read or just listened to. They are meant to be seen.
Hear, hear!

Perhaps an analogy: Vermont Craft Maple syrup is incredible. It is too bad the Canadians package many of their craft brands in plastic bottles rather than glass. (Yes I eat pancakes as I finish this) and Log Cabin is incredibly bad.

Maple creamies! One of the best reasons to go to Vermont.

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #8,660 of 14,566
classic autotune outside of brittany spears etc... chris cornell and 'scream' actually i like that tune but check it out versus say 90's audio slave. here ill vid it.

there you go no auto tune versus autotune

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #8,661 of 14,566
Is it really easy to hear autotune? Or can you make us an autotune detector? Is autotune [/SIZE]acceptable if it's just for danceable pop music? Do they use autotune in commercial Broadway productions?

I mean, I think I can hear autotune but then I get in arguments with my daughter.

Check out Adele's album 25, compared to 21. It's easy to hear on 25....the reason that album was a disappointment to me.

Jul 14, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #8,664 of 14,566
It all started with Milli Vanilli.
Now we have autotuned producermuppets that somehow never last longer than their third album, after which their contract states, the muppet will make more money than the producer.
Maybe we should call them arsetist because they sound like...
I hereby co opt your term!

Jul 14, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #8,665 of 14,566

Check out Adele's album 25, compared to 21. It's easy to hear on 25....the reason that album was a disappointment to me.

25 is the only album of hers I tried. Maybe the vocal issues that put her into retirement - (she still is isn't she) were already bothering her? (Sorry, I don't keep up with celebrity stuff)
It sounded like the back up group was recorded at a different location and time and patched in somehow.
As many times as I tried there was some sort of distortion in that "production value" crap I've never been able to accept making it un-listenable for me even on my ultra concealing car stereo.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #8,666 of 14,566

Is it really easy to hear autotune?

Shocked that no one has posted these yet. Here ya go @Baldr and @artur9 and all you Schiit-heads

Credit to South Park and Sound Breaking

Jul 14, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #8,667 of 14,566
classic autotune outside of brittany spears etc... chris cornell and 'scream' actually i like that tune but check it out versus say 90's audio slave. here ill vid it.

there you go no auto tune versus autotune

This is a really good example, thanks. Though I may be a little bit biased, because Like a Stone is one of my favorite songs from the high school / early college days.

Jul 14, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #8,668 of 14,566
Did u just say Jekyll & Hyde? Love that soundtrack, so my wife and I will be there! Thanks for letting us know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back