What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jun 13, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #3,647 of 14,566
Wow man seeing the Jot on top of the Gungnir like that really puts it into perspective how big the 3/4 schiit gear is. I can't wrap my head around the full size Yggy and Rag.

Jun 13, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,648 of 14,566
Well, its in and playing.
One thing immediately clear and foretold... it sounds like crap.
Compared to my Cambridge Audio 851N that is.
So.... patience will save me I hope.

Apparently it needs week to settle and warm up. I believe that, as I used to have a Wadia CD-player that needed ample time too. Cold it sounded nothing special. But after 2 weeks it was magical. So, patience is your friend.....

Jun 13, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #3,649 of 14,566
Apparently it needs week to settle and warm up. I believe that, as I used to have a Wadia CD-player that needed ample time too. Cold it sounded nothing special. But after 2 weeks it was magical. So, patience is your friend.....
Yes I knew beforehand from this forum so I'll wait.
Now it sounds as if someone threw a woolen blanket over my speakers.
Slightly exaggerating......
And it only cooks up to 36 degrees Celsius so the Mjolnir 2 on top has no problems.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #3,650 of 14,566
Yes I knew beforehand from this forum so I'll wait.
Now it sounds as if someone threw a woolen blanket over my speakers.
Slightly exaggerating......
And it only cooks up to 36 degrees Celsius so the Mjolnir 2 on top has no problems.

Cozzi, it's getting late over on your side of the pond, just a reminder, if you're in the habit of shutting everything down, so as to not have an oh Schiit moment and have to jump out of bed startlingly Constanza to turn Yggy back on this communication reminder is sent on behalf of Yggy owners everywhere to not turn Yggy off.

Jun 13, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3,651 of 14,566
Cozzi, it's getting late over on your side of the pond, just a reminder, if you're in the habit of shutting everything down, so as to not have an oh Schiit moment and have to jump out of bed startlingly Constanza to turn Yggy back on this communication reminder is sent on behalf of Yggy owners everywhere to not turn Yggy off.
I know but tnx for the reminder.
It already got better in the few hours it burned.

Jun 13, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #3,652 of 14,566
I know but tnx for the reminder.
It already got better in the few hours it burned.
Pietro, you should be able to notice the first change in Yggy's sound after the first two-three days. It'll get very very good by then. An in about a week, just when you'll start thinking: "This is very very good!", Yggdrasil will get excellent. This was my experience, and I hope it will be yours too.
Just relax and be patient till then... :wink:

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,653 of 14,566
Last Saturday at Schiitr, I insisted that my Yggy be tested before I carry it all the way back to the other side of the Pacific, so we had a direct comparison of a brand new unit vs the demo unit that has been running non-stop in the demo room. The different is pretty obvious. The sound (not music) coming out of the new unit sounds flat and boring. The moment we switched back to the demo unit, I wanted to get up and dance!

We were listening to this from the CD.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #3,654 of 14,566
A week? No. The Yggdrasil should reach full thermal stability in 72 hours or less. People claiming a week or even 30 days as I've read here are hearing phantoms in their system.

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #3,655 of 14,566
A week? No. The Yggdrasil should reach full thermal stability in 72 hours or less. People claiming a week or even 30 days as I've read here are hearing phantoms in their system.
Ya know…
That you don't hear these changes DOESN'T mean that others don't as well.

Everyone has different experiences, expectations, and systems.

Making blanket statements that are neither provable nor universal does not help.

JJ

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #3,657 of 14,566
Hi, Ableza,

that was my experience of course (and of course subjective and based on memory of my previous days of listening). I can still distinctly recall my first "Wow!" moment with Yggy.
As I said in an earlier post, though, that was the first time I turned Yggy on. After that, the other two or three times when I had to turn my Yggdrasil off for a longer period and then turn it on again, I found that it reached full thermal stability (or its optimal sound) after those 72 hours you stated too.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #3,658 of 14,566
right back at ya. :)
True enough.
But I DO hear differences after several weeks, as do many others.

That you don't means your opinion doesn't apply to them, doesn't it.

JJ

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #3,660 of 14,566
Wow, what a fun thread.
I accept @Pietro Cozzi Tinin. Thanks.
I will bring cherries soaked in TN moonshine.
Like a moonshine bomb exploding in your head - perfect with herring. Don't feed 'em to Constanza.
And, I will bring alternative bluegrass music!
I am sure that Mike explained why the MB technology needs warm-up time, and to stay warm when possible. I don't remember the details. I always keep my GMB powered up and warm. The SQ is more consistent.
Enjoy the Yggy - you will love it.

Prosit,
RCB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back