What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jan 13, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #1,681 of 14,566
As I said before, I like working on all of it, but the most fun is that which makes the most difference.  For the moment, that would be the Manhattan Project.  There is something about listening to the proto which seems to really phuck with my perception of the passing parade of the music in a very expansive way.  It is almost like I can hear "way inside" the music.  Hard to express.  I have decided to offer a "stripped down" version of this so as many people as possible can experience it.  What  comes to my mind as I sit here is my environment.   With rain just changing to light, non-sticking snow as I type, I am next to a wood stove which we fire up when it gets cold (way cheaper than our off the gas grid central propane heat).  There is something about wood fired heaters which feels much better than gas, propane, or electric heat blown through ducting on a winter's night.  It is that sort of tangible yet difficult to describe difference that the Manhattan makes.

I feel your ambient euphoria, but that sort of surroundings' subjective influence on our listening impressions is hard to bottle, wouldn't you say?

Are you also planning to offer the 'full Monty' version of Manhattan, like you did with the Yggdrasil?

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #1,682 of 14,566
I feel your ambient euphoria, but that sort of surroundings' subjective influence on our listening impressions is hard to bottle, wouldn't you say?

Are you also planning to offer the 'full Monty' version of Manhattan, like you did with the Yggdrasil?

The Manhattan descriptor lingo is my emulation of audio reviewers in the hi-end pubs.  But seriously, it really is hard to describe the sound.

You bet there will be a mega combo covered with rancho sauce burrito version as well.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 13, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #1,684 of 14,566
No, we've been promised it's nothing like that. It's a totally new gadget.   It's called Manhattan because it's a gadget that produces a game changing experience just like the A-bomb at Los Alamos.

We just have to wait and see what Mike has up his sleeve.

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #1,685 of 14,566
Mike = c0ck tease

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #1,686 of 14,566
He has given us some pretty solid hints...or was he teasing.

I especially enjoyed the discussion a few weeks back about instrument and orchestra tuning frequencies.  Think about the possibilities.  A421 is not A440 or 442.

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #1,688 of 14,566
  Ugh, I just like to plan my wallet devastation well in advance. 

You picked the wrong forum, my friend. We're talking total devastation. The only upside is you'll have a great sound system.

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,693 of 14,566

You picked the wrong forum, my friend. We're talking total devastation. The only upside is you'll have a great sound system.

I'm starting to think Manhattan might be a convolution engine.

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,694 of 14,566
I'm not good at guessing, but let me try:

Manhattan Project, never done in audio...mmm...a Seiko watch?

Mmm I don't know, but color me interested.

I plan to overhaul my system this year, and absolutely love Schiit audio, so I'll be eagerly following this.

Jan 14, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #1,695 of 14,566

Now you've realized why the darn thing is called Manhattan.  That's the effect on our wallets :wink:

(jk because Schiit would never do that to us, exhibit A: Freya)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back