Westone UM3X Thread
Jun 2, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #3,123 of 4,413
Fake IEMs look like real ones because the people who make the fakes use molds from real ones to make the fake ones. Just look at all of the threads about IE8 fakes..... there's a very extensive guide around here though that helps you discern between the two. Sadly it's not as obvious as the ESW7/9A fakes.... (sometimes). 

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #3,124 of 4,413
I see...
tried looking around for the guide but couldn't find it. If you have the link, that'd be great.
Also, whatca think of this ? It sells all sorts of electronics...making it, well, untrustworthy-ish....

Thanks man

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #3,125 of 4,413
Why is it untrustworthy that they sell more than one type of electronic? Just wondering :/

But it looks legit; it might take a while before people copy the UM3X RC. There weren't really any fake UM3Xs out there..... it's not really a popular IEM. 

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #3,126 of 4,413
Quote:
To those who got the new removable cable. How is the comfort of the cable with the extra...I don't know memory wire I guess at the top? Not to take away from Pearle's question...maybe he can answer when he gets his too.

I finally received my UM3X-RCs today. The cable near the earpieces are surrounded by a clear memory plastic that keeps its shape and doesn't seem to impact comfort at all.

Jun 4, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #3,127 of 4,413
I dont know... Maybe a UM3X being sold amongst other cheap electronics doesn't give me the peace that they're legit. But you do have a point. Ill keep looking around for now, thanks !

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #3,129 of 4,413
What do the other cars on the lot have to do with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif  I dont know... Maybe a UM3X being sold amongst other cheap electronics doesn't give me the peace that they're legit.

That does not make sense to me YS

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #3,130 of 4,413
Hey guys, 

Quick question. 

Removable VS Non-Removable cables for Um3x ? 

They say changing cables may affect the SQ and even a bit of the characteristics of the sound ? 

Cheers !

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #3,131 of 4,413
Hello guys.. my UM3x just got one ear side almost dead overnight.
Has this happened to anyone else? Warranty is gonna be a pain in the as* for me, as i'm not US resident. 

edit

Is there anyway to remove the filter that's inside the IEM's "canal"?
It must be something blocking the way out of the sound.

If I i get the circled area of this picture to my ears, they sound equally the same, if I try the correct way, the IEM of the right is almost dead.
So it could be something blocking the way out of the sound.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/tehort/um3x/um3x.jpg?t=1275818770

I tried the wax cleaner that comes with the IEM's, but it's still the same =\ It's weird because it happened overnight, and was perfectly fine.

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #3,133 of 4,413

Quote:
Hello guys.. my UM3x just got one ear side almost dead overnight.
Has this happened to anyone else? Warranty is gonna be a pain in the as* for me, as i'm not US resident. 

edit

Is there anyway to remove the filter that's inside the IEM's "canal"?
It must be something blocking the way out of the sound.

If I i get the circled area of this picture to my ears, they sound equally the same, if I try the correct way, the IEM of the right is almost dead.
So it could be something blocking the way out of the sound.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/tehort/um3x/um3x.jpg?t=1275818770

I tried the wax cleaner that comes with the IEM's, but it's still the same =\ It's weird because it happened overnight, and was perfectly fine.

As long as you keep the receipt, the warranty should be piece of cake for you, don't hesitate to contact Westone CS to see what they can do for you. My experience told me you will get a free shipping when they send your repaired IEM back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back