Westone UM3X Thread
Apr 18, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #3,002 of 4,413
Thanks for the replies guys.

I didn't have any earwax anywhere, and I've used both large olives and with normal comply's that were cut off 3/4 of the way. Tried normal comply's without any cutting off and found them to be still lacking (and the reason I moved away from them was they were too dark!)

The bass is still there, I just don't feel any of the kick that I felt when I first got these puppies. Probably all in my head though
confused.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #3,003 of 4,413
Just got my UM3X. While i was unimpressed by their sound with stock complys, when i changed to triple flanges, the sound changed a lot, got better. Great bass, mids and higs are fine also.

I was skeptical about eartips, as with my im716, i never noticed major improvements, and i tested a lot of tips, even the olives. But with UM3X, the tips DO improve the sound. They respond well to equalization too. Nice.

Wondering now how they sound with shure olives and UM56. I will get shure olives first.

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #3,004 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just adding an option to the lineup. No plans to stop production on the hard-lined version.

@ p0wderh0und

Can you tell me the case for the detachable is exactly the same as the hard-lined - I am getting these with custom sleeves, and need to let ACS know.

Cheers

David

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #3,006 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DAPs drive them very well.

It is just mine, or UM3X hisses a lot with ipod?

I bet you are playing with the EQ on your ipod, right?

Turn it off and run it flat and you get no hiss and a much more natural balance.

At least with my touch and nano, no hiss at most reasonable levels.

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #3,007 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DAPs drive them very well.

It is just mine, or UM3X hisses a lot with ipod?

What generation iPod are you using? And no... I get no hiss out of my Alo Rx and T51.

Apr 27, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #3,008 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@playingwithfire & inego: thank you for sharing.

Does anyone have 10,000 Maniacs MTV Unplugged and or Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Live At Radio City on their archives? I would love to hear how these are rendered through the UM3X.

Thanx

well I can only speak to DM Live at Radio City. In a word: DAM GOOD!!!

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #3,010 of 4,413
Alright well it's either your source files or the ipod itself. IEMs themselves don't hiss or whatever, and it also depends on how sensitive the phones are as to how much hiss you're going to get.

The older iPods (1G Touch first hand) hiss like a snake and there's nothing you can really do about it. When I used my Touch and used a LoD to amp, the hiss lessened a bit but it was still there.

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #3,011 of 4,413
Alright well it's either your source files or the ipod itself. IEMs themselves don't hiss or whatever, and it also depends on how sensitive the phones are as to how much hiss you're going to get.

The older iPods (1G Touch first hand) hiss like a snake and there's nothing you can really do about it. When I used my Touch and used a LoD to amp, the hiss lessened a bit but it was still there.

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #3,012 of 4,413
My UM3X never hissed with my 3rd gen iPod touch. There is quite a lot of hiss with my Walkman X1060 though.

May 3, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #3,013 of 4,413
After much thread-trawling I just ordered a set of these, and am really looking forward to hearing them. My last IEMs were senn IE7s, which I sold a while back. I have since found that when you don't have IEMs, you really miss 'em! I'll let folks know how I feel about them once they have arrived, and I have had some time with them.

May 3, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #3,014 of 4,413
Just put on the UM3X after about 2 weeks of the eq7. All I got to say is: welcome back bass!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, the high aren't as sharp, but fair compromise

May 3, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #3,015 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by St3ve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After much thread-trawling I just ordered a set of these, and am really looking forward to hearing them. My last IEMs were senn IE7s, which I sold a while back. I have since found that when you don't have IEMs, you really miss 'em! I'll let folks know how I feel about them once they have arrived, and I have had some time with them.

Hi St3ve - congrats on your purchase - looking forward to your thoughts as these are my next purchase - where did you get them from over here?

:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back