Westone UM3X Thread
Jul 3, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #1,411 of 4,413
currently using small olives but the more i hear unamped the better it sounds. however the hp out on the ipod does rahter destroy the highs so i know im missing out on a lot of detail but everything else sounds much better than when it is amped.

maybe its time to contemplate a new amp or only to use them unamped

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #1,412 of 4,413
How about get the Sony X1000 ?
smily_headphones1.gif
To my ears, compared to X's, the iPods are more toward mid centric. Some said the hisoundaudio's AMP3 also good. Looking forward a more detailed reviews
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #1,413 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well im not saying i activly dont like them, but amped i definetly dont love them and just cant seem to hear what others hear in them and i really would very much want to.

particularly you spyro i believe you gave them a write up that was exactly what i was looking for and its more a bother that i just am not hearing the lushness that others have found. what is you you use as a source on them? the icon is just nooooo with them and the ipods hp out kills the highs but otherwise is rather nice.

Ipod nano and a Sony CFD-G55 single cd boombox. The larger of the two supplied complys. Be sure the comply exit hole is not blocked (with foam) when inserting into ear. I find it to be just enough treble. Nothing like Ety but certainly more than SE530.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #1,414 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Ipod classic and the highs sound fine to me, anything more would be sibilant. What eartips are you using? I use the UM56 so ...

High end is not fine with you, I don't have ipod classic, but as an owner of iphone, I have the same problem with mark, Energy from treble is obviously less than what I get from other players, even with my onboard soundcard.

I am using small olives as well

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #1,415 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High end is not fine with you, I don't have ipod classic, but as an owner of iphone, I have the same problem with mark, Energy from treble is obviously less than what I get from other players, even with my onboard soundcard.

I am using small olives as well

Uh, yeah it is fine with me ... you should speak for yourself. As I said before, the highs sound fine to me and anything more would be sibilant. FYI telling people what is and isn't fine with them is probably out of your jurisdiction ... you might want to stop doing that.

Jul 4, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #1,416 of 4,413
Quote:

Uh, yeah it is fine with me ... you should speak for yourself. As I said before, the highs sound fine to me and anything more would be sibilant. FYI telling people what is and isn't fine with them is probably out of your jurisdiction ... you might want to stop doing that.

Chill , dude, what I want to say was" high is not fine with "me" ", I just typed it wrong as "you". lol, I also quoted the wrong people word, I was supposed to do it on Mark

Even I told you "high was not fine with you". I don't see that was big problem to hit your nerve to the extent that you had to tell me I should stop doing.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just keep an open mind to people words. It does not hurt to do more explanation to your words if you think people misunderstand you, instead of commanding people what you should do, even if my word is naive,it is just another objection, from my point of view, your attitude is not even civilized

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #1,417 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chill , dude, what I want to say was" high is not fine with "me" ", I just typed it wrong as "you". lol, I also quoted the wrong people word, I was supposed to do it on Mark

Even I told you "high was not fine with you". I don't see that was big problem to hit your nerve to extent that you had to tell me I should stop doing.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just keep an open mind to people words. It does not hurt to do more explanation to your words if you think people misunderstand you, instead of commanding people what you should do, even if my word is naive,it is just another objection, from my point of view, your attitude is not even civilized

I'm sorry but to me it sounded as if you were telling me that I was wrong and that the high end isn't as good as it should be with the ipod and iphone, which is fine it's just that saying "high end is not fine with you" comes of as confrontational, or so I assumed ... I'm sorry.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #1,418 of 4,413
Quote:

I'm sorry but to me it sounded as if you were telling me that I was wrong and that the high end isn't as good as it should be with the ipod and iphone, which is fine it's just that saying "high end is not fine with you" comes of as confrontational, or so I assumed ... I'm sorry.

yea, I have to say sorry too for any misunderstanding I made. I guess we are even. Enjoy our earphone then
o2smile.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #1,420 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4agze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all just got my UM3X after much research for the most neutral IEM and am satisfied with the purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway does it requires "burn in"?

Cheers

Up to how much you believe in 'burn-in'
smily_headphones1.gif
To my ears, the UM3X's treble do opens and more controlled bass after 1 or 2 weeks time.

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #1,421 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4agze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all just got my UM3X after much research for the most neutral IEM and am satisfied with the purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway does it requires "burn in"?

Cheers

Westone says no. Folks here will beg to differ. Me, I'm not sure. Either way, they should sound great from day one.

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #1,422 of 4,413
Yes, they do sound great from 0 hour/day, but better and better after while... hint 'mental burn-in/adaptation'
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #1,423 of 4,413
very very impressed with the um3x... much more so than the westone 3...

funny how the W3 took so long to come out... how long did UM3x take to develop? it was so sudden i thought they put it together in a montH!

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #1,424 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very very impressed with the um3x... much more so than the westone 3...

funny how the W3 took so long to come out... how long did UM3x take to develop? it was so sudden i thought they put it together in a montH!

I was thinking the same thing. I love my Westone 3's but with all of this talk about the UM3x I decided I had to order them and I did on Friday. Maybe that was Westone's strategy to sell more earphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back