Westone UM3X Thread
May 4, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #227 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, i knew UM3X has more bass based on multiple reviews. No, i dont think so. Sacrificing superior fit just for more bass on UM3X? No thanks. FYI, i tried UM2 before and have problem with their design.

Thought you would get one.

UM3X is tempting for me. Assume it has 80-90% clarity of CK 100, got the same soundstage as CK 100. Also, it is made of USA and easier to ship it back in case anything happen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
85% volume on an ipod with 16 ohm impedance and the high sensitivity of the IE8s? Are you sure you don't have volume limiter or something?

I agree. 85% volume for IE8, with all due respect, I think it is hurting your hearing. Mine is only up 45-50% most of time.

May 4, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #228 of 4,413
@gameboy115
Yeah, UM3X more accessible and even cheaper than CK100. So if u dont have fit problem with UM2/3X, it's better option. Westone warranty and CS easier to deal with too.

May 4, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #229 of 4,413
I'm intrigued by the prospect of adding a UM56 to this setup, cost depending. I know some people were able to get the W3 for around $240 US when it debuted and I'm wondering whether there could be a similar opportunity for acquiring the UM3X.

I'm not sure how much the UM56 costs. I wonder if there is a cheaper custom alternative that would retain the detachable characteristic of the westone custom ear piece, but be available for less $$. Maybe a value ES3X....

*Also, I've been debating between the IE8 and UM3X and although the IE8 is available for significantly cheaper, I have a feeling the re-sale value of the UM3X is more likely to remain stable...so it's not as easy a decision as I'd thought it would be. Hate having to be so budgeted.

May 4, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #230 of 4,413
Being made in Colorado/USA is a great perk too... No Chinese clones to deal with, or hard to manage production consistencies. Should make for a much better and consistent product.

May 4, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #231 of 4,413
would you guys owing the UM3x say that he is good for rock music, found that many people say singer and songwriter and acoustic music, classic and jazz sound great with the um3x but what about rock music? I love when the singers voice or a singers scream attakc me out of the phone!

May 4, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #232 of 4,413
I've seen people talking about it's neutral sound signature across the spectrum...
I'd like to know from all of you UM3X owners how it sounds with Metal(in general), like Dream Theater, Metallica and etc.
Would someone give a impression how it sounds w/ Train of Thought, ASFAM by DT... I'd really like to know how they sound w/ that kind of music, because I'm in a terrible dilemma between W3 and UM3X.

I like so many kind of music, Bossa Nova, Jazz, pop-Rock, hard, metal, J-Rock, Flamenco(like Paco de Lucía), classical and some more. I've been reading about W3 is great for any kind of music, and now I want to know about UM3X's versatility.
Thanks ya all.

May 4, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #233 of 4,413
normally i would say the more neutral the more you can use it for different kind of music! Classic and filigrane Music like Jazz would not sound that great with the W3 i think.
But what is up when you primary listen to rock and hard music? is the UM3x good for that kind of music? the Um2 was kind of referance fpr this genres!

May 4, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #234 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by sennmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
normally i would say the more neutral the more you can use it for different kind of music! Classic and filigrane Music like Jazz would not sound that great with the W3 i think.
But what is up when you primary listen to rock and hard music? is the UM3x good for that kind of music? the Um2 was kind of referance fpr this genres!

I think classical & jazz sound just great with the W3.

May 4, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #236 of 4,413
Regarding the tips - anyone feel that the UM3X was a better buy than the ES3X because you could choose between the custom UM56 or the softer shure foamies, or other tip depending on the situation rather than just be tied to a custom mould?

Probably a pure custom will give you the last % of performance and fit over UM56...but still you do lose some flexibility. does that matter?

May 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #238 of 4,413
Hi all: does anyone know the main difference between the UM3 and the UM3X? I'm looking to get a pair, but don't know which one would be better. Much appreciated.
beerchug.gif

May 4, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #239 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanzh12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all: does anyone know the main difference between the UM3 and the UM3X, I'm looking to get a pair, but don't know which one would be better. Much appreciated.
beerchug.gif

There is no UM3...just W3 and UM3X. Both 3 driver models from Westone, one targeted to the personal listening market (W3) and the other to the musician market (monitoring)

May 4, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #240 of 4,413
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanzh12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all: does anyone know the main difference between the UM3 and the UM3X? I'm looking to get a pair, but don't know which one would be better. Much appreciated.
beerchug.gif

I think you mean Westone 3? There's no UM3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back