Westone UM3X Thread
Jul 11, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #4,246 of 4,413
I just got a second hand UM3X for $180 USD :D so happy with it.

Got question, i just realize that for non RC, they didnt give the plastic hook that help the cable not fall off from our ear.

Do you guys know how to get it? what does it call too...i try to google but dunno what is the word for it

Jul 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #4,249 of 4,413
Hello Forum,

I've had the UM3X for 5+ years and really like the sound signature and comfort., recently the cable started to fail, on/off either earpiece. So I contacted Westone for a repair, I'm still waiting for a reply. But they already wrote about a replacement. I don't want any replacement and don't see any major issue in exchanging the cables or even the housing for the newer one with detachable cables.

Any one here has had a similar experience? and if so, is there other places where they can do the repair if Westone goes for the exchange policy?

Thank you

Oct 1, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #4,250 of 4,413
  Hello Forum,

I've had the UM3X for 5+ years and really like the sound signature and comfort., recently the cable started to fail, on/off either earpiece. So I contacted Westone for a repair, I'm still waiting for a reply. But they already wrote about a replacement. I don't want any replacement and don't see any major issue in exchanging the cables or even the housing for the newer one with detachable cables.

Any one here has had a similar experience? and if so, is there other places where they can do the repair if Westone goes for the exchange policy?

Thank you

I guess yours is non RC version, if you are going to replace the cable then might be look for reshell options too.
I think someone in here added shure plugs to westone3, might be possible with UM3x.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #4,253 of 4,413
  I just got a second hand UM3X for $180 USD :D so happy with it.

Got question, i just realize that for non RC, they didnt give the plastic hook that help the cable not fall off from our ear.

Do you guys know how to get it? what does it call too...i try to google but dunno what is the word for it

I got my um3x rc blue ltd for $150 AUD 
wink_face.gif

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #4,254 of 4,413
I purchased a used pair of um3x rc blue a few years ago without the box and accessories.  

However I just realised westone also released the um2 rc in blue which looks identical to the um3x rc.

I've tried to located the 3 drivers but can only see two because of the semi transparent blue housing.

Which position should the 3rd driver be located.

I think the bottom driver may actually two but drivers but placed together which would be 3 but not very certain at all. 

Here are a few close up pic of the drivers. 

And of the um2 taken off the internet, not mine

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #4,257 of 4,413
  What do you mean by physical driver?
So mine has 3 drivers altogether, one big (physical) and a small dual driver?

This picture represents is a three way system with two physical drivers - there is one big unit with a single driver, and the other unit has two drivers in it.

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #4,259 of 4,413
Yes, the UM2 is more similar to Spotty and her first, less freakish, offspring.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back