Westone UM3X EQ and Tips question
Sep 2, 2010 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Audiohollix11

New Head-Fier
I have a phillips gogear ariaz, and i use the full sound settings at the moment and i love it but maybe someone knows a good EQ setting for it. Then the second question i have is what tips should i use? i currently have the comply foam tips but i dunno if there the best for the job.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 6
SM3 and UM3X is not the same, but I find that this chart is very useful.

When playing tips on IEMs with narrow nozzles, just like the UM3X, it is good to prepare a set of 'spacers' (the plastic tube you can find in the comply tips), so that you can fit tips of different aperture on your UM3X.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 6
i read the mini review of the eartips but they all seem to have a negative point. And i don't get the spacing thing :p i have to space the plastic tubes inside foam tips if they dont fit on the um3x?

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 6

How I hear the UM3X.  This is running Shure Olive tips which I try to use for most small nozzle IEMs.  The Shure tips don't color the sound.  I use a pink noise track and software EQing that is for all intensive purposes infinite in adjustment.  The earphone is powered through a Meier 2Move connected to my laptop using the built in DAC but patched through a virtual line plus software that lets me tie in EQing.  I've EQed most everything I've owned and have used pink noise as my tool of choice for EQing for earphones as well as custom car audio setups currently and through previous years.  This is of course my own perception of "flat" as my ears hear it.  Again, this is using the Shure Olive tips.  If you ran the stock Comply tips, more midrange and high end will be lost.  I did like the long Comply tip more than the short one.  Trebles were more sparkly, and the long tip didn't have an odd midbass hump that the short one gave.  This is why I like the Olive tips, zero coloration, comfy, and super durable.

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 6
There's absolutely no point asking other people which are the best tips and EQ setup for you rig. Everyone has their own personal taste and preferences.

You need to try things out for yourself and come to your own conclusions.

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #6 of 6
yes i know but still if most people say they prefer a kind of tips then i will just try it. And EQ settings are personal preferences yes i know but ill try anything so suggestions are welcome. Tips are more important then EQ though

Quote:
There's absolutely no point asking other people which are the best tips and EQ setup for you rig. Everyone has their own personal taste and preferences.

You need to try things out for yourself and come to your own conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back