Westone Phones and repair
Sep 25, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #32 of 68
Westone have just emailed to let me know they are replacing my faulty 4R's with a new pair of W40's.

I'm very happy with their support and quick response time too. The problem was just described as an "unbalanced sound". Which is I suppose what you get when one earpiece is faulty :D

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #33 of 68
My replacement W40's arrived today. Couriered and promptly too from US to UK.It was fully packaged, new boxed item. I'm very pleased with their customer support and if these last longer than the others I have no complaints,

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #35 of 68
 My replacement W40's arrived today. Couriered and promptly too from US to UK.It was fully packaged, new boxed item. I'm very pleased with their customer support and if these last longer than the others I have no complaints,

Did you have to pay for the replacement?

No cost to me except shipping to them. Fully covered under their warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #37 of 68
Did they asked for the warranty card. Glad to see that they considered it to be still under warranty without it.

I sent them copies of my receipt and of the serial number\part number sticker that was on the box. This was enough for them to class them as under warranty still. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #38 of 68
Psweeting,

nice to see that you get a new pair of earbud from Westone. Could you please tell me here
     or by MP the contact at Westone, i am about to repair myself my W30 since their after sales
     services did not answer me, seems you get luckier than me.

Thank you for your help.

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #39 of 68
  Psweeting,

nice to see that you get a new pair of earbud from Westone. Could you please tell me here
     or by MP the contact at Westone, i am about to repair myself my W30 since their after sales
     services did not answer me, seems you get luckier than me.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Rololo,

I just emailed their Customer Support address through their website; http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.php/support/returns.html.

I'm in the UK, so phoning wasn't really an option. It did take them quite a while to respond, around a week I think. It then took me about three weeks to get around to posting them off but when they arrived, I got an email letting me know and another when they said they were getting replaced. It's holiday season now so I wouldn't expect a reply until the New Year from any company.

Cheers,
Paul.

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #40 of 68
Have a UM3X RC purchased back in 2012, and had my fair share of repairs/RMAs due to loose cables. They were promptly repaired and replaced under warranty, but were just unreliable.

Recently the right IEM female connector was slightly dislodged within the shell, but the cable connection was still secure. Requested for an out of warranty repair, and they offered a UM30 Pro at a discount, stating no repairs were available. In the end, I paid US$30 for someone to dismantle the shell, re-fix the female connector, and reglue it back

I do agree that Westone's customer service is amazing, but the lack of after warranty repairs (even for simple issues) is absolutely dismal. It's particularly bad when there are reliability issues with the MMCX connectors.

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #41 of 68
While this thread is old, it seems as if this is not just an Westone Audio issue but repairs, especially AFTER the warranty period is over are simply not seen as an after warranty service but depending on the construction or assembly of the model, these earphones are simply made with obsolence or limited useful lifetime in mind.

To make matters worse, $300-400 earphones, I do not consider chump or throw away earphones.  If they are $20-60, I get it but $400 pairs need to be durable and I mean more durable than just 2 years.

May 13, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #42 of 68
I found this thread whilst searching for repairs for my um2. Westone recently did the same to me - told me that they would not repair the headphone even though I think it's fairly obvious that the problem is a design flaw. Instead they offered a "deal" on a new set of headphones for 299 dollars - that's an offer i won't be taking up! I appreciate that the headphones are fairly old now but I do not accept that they cannot offer a relatively easy fix - the small tube that runs from the main body to the ear had broken off.

May 13, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #43 of 68
Nozzle can be repaired locally or by housing replacement. Pm me if you need repair service quote (this repair is not expensive), or try to fix if by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back