Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Jun 28, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #1,276 of 1,871
I do want to emphasize the ES3X sound is superb. I understand the fit issues. My only problem, was the custom art, but mistakes happen. Now that my emotions have calmed down, I think I made to much fuzz for something fixable. Their response to my problem was very professional.
What really matters is that Westone does take care of their customers.
At the end, I am sure that I will be a satisfied customer.

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #1,277 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh wow a sensaphonic's owner haven't seen one of them in a while
smily_headphones1.gif
how long have you had your pair?

I've had my Sensas since around 2005, I believe. I had one manufacturers defect on one pair that was replaced under warranty in 2006, and my current pair has a failing bass driver in the right ear.

When they work, they're wonderful. Very balanced tonally, ever so slight attenuation on the highs without a good source, but overall excellent phones. Leaps and bounds above Shure E5's, SE530's, Westone UM2's, and every other universal I've used.

I highly doubt anything offered from Westone or JH, or UE will even come close to touching the comfort level of the 2X-S, but I'd like to give them a shot after having my Sensas replaced, just to try something new.

Jun 29, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #1,279 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by zb0430 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I highly doubt anything offered from Westone or JH, or UE will even come close to touching the comfort level of the 2X-S, but I'd like to give them a shot after having my Sensas replaced, just to try something new.

I highly doubt that's the case. Sorry to ask, but, do you have any evidence to substantiate your statement?
I think Westone and JH Audio are as good as anybody doing that.

Jun 29, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #1,280 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I highly doubt that's the case. Sorry to ask, but, do you have any evidence to substantiate your statement?

And, I even wonder if the JH Audio are as comfortable as the ES3X's which have the heat-sensitive tips, making the ES3X's incredibly comfortable - as long as you have the correct fit, that is.

Jun 29, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #1,281 of 1,871
Quote:

It's not a statement, just a doubt. The 2X-S is silicon. The others are acrylic. Simply put, with fit being equal, the silicon "seems" as if it will reign victorious in comfort. Thus my doubt that any acrylic canalphone will stack up, vinyl tips or not.

It would be a statement had I said there's "no way" they are as comfortable. Still, I highly doubt that they are based on material selection, and messing around with a friend's ES2's that had a relatively good fit in my ear.

Jun 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #1,282 of 1,871
Quote:

It's not a statement, just a doubt. The 2X-S is silicon. The others are acrylic. Simply put, with fit being equal, the silicon "seems" as if it will reign victorious in comfort. Thus my doubt that any acrylic canalphone will stack up, vinyl tips or not.

It would be a statement had I said there's "no way" they are as comfortable. Still, I highly doubt that they are based on material selection, and messing around with a friend's ES2's that had a relatively good fit in my ear.

Just to step in for a moment... if the earpiece is made right, be it silicone, acrylic, etc... once it's in and made right you prolly cannot tell the difference. Now, if you have a lot of jaw movement or move around a lot, you may notice the softer materials in your canal.

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #1,283 of 1,871
p0wderh0und23 - About the collapsed wall in my right earpiece, what do you have to say about it? Earlier in this post you said that this is one of the major diffrences from the universal IEMs.

What do you suggest me to do?

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #1,284 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p0wderh0und23 - About the collapsed wall in my right earpiece, what do you have to say about it? Earlier in this post you said that this is one of the major diffrences from the universal IEMs.

What do you suggest me to do?

I still say your fine. I can promise you, if they are sent back in and we remake them so that the sound bores are totally separate, we will need to make them smaller in diameter. It's a moot point, I'm just being honest. The drivers are separated enough (from what I could see in your pictures) that they are doing what they are supposed to. Also, they are not collapsed (this would imply sound is not getting through), they are just "joined" earlier in the canal section.

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #1,286 of 1,871
Quote:

to music_4321:
Thanks for your pics of the microcase 1010 in the jh13 thread. Just purchased one too.

Glad you found them useful.

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #1,287 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still say your fine. I can promise you, if they are sent back in and we remake them so that the sound bores are totally separate, we will need to make them smaller in diameter. It's a moot point, I'm just being honest. The drivers are separated enough (from what I could see in your pictures) that they are doing what they are supposed to. Also, they are not collapsed (this would imply sound is not getting through), they are just "joined" earlier in the canal section.

By the way: since there are three drivers but only two tubes, which drivers share the same tube?

Jun 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #1,288 of 1,871
Mids and Bass I think.

ES3X owners - there is dust deep in my earpiece and the cleaning tool is no long enough - how should I clean it without harming anything [the tubesor something]?

Also how should I do it without pushing it deeper?

I tried to do with very very soft and thin pro-paiting brush [without any paint on it ofcourse]. Is that ok?

And p0wderh0und23, from when do you take the 90 days refit warrnty? from the day I got in on the mail? [10/11.6.09]?

And what happen if I touch the tubes [don't know what it calls, but the little things with the metal net in the begining of the canal.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #1,289 of 1,871
Quote:

I've had my Sensas since around 2005, I believe. I had one manufacturers defect on one pair that was replaced under warranty in 2006, and my current pair has a failing bass driver in the right ear.

When they work, they're wonderful. Very balanced tonally, ever so slight attenuation on the highs without a good source, but overall excellent phones. Leaps and bounds above Shure E5's, SE530's, Westone UM2's, and every other universal I've used.

i had a chance to listen to the universal version of the sensaphonics 2x-s yesterday - what a wonderful iem. the custom version too, is unbelievably soft and comfortable looking - have not yet had the chance to listen to it.

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #1,290 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had a chance to listen to the universal version of the sensaphonics 2x-s yesterday - what a wonderful iem. the custom version too, is unbelievably soft and comfortable looking - have not yet had the chance to listen to it.

They are superbly comfortable. I make my living as a vocalist and guitar player, so stage use is my number one concern, and these IEM's have served me very well. They thrust me into the world of head-fi, too, and the realm of high end portable audio. People seem to have gotten down on the 2X-S lately, but they're still VERY worthy of consideration.

That said... If this new generation of IEM's from Westone is leaps and bounds beyond the 2X-S, then we're all very spoiled with an unbelievably great product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back