Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Jun 20, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #1,216 of 1,871
I was surprised also. They told me I had to get a background behind my custom art. they said they could not get just the art over the tranlsucent IEM without an opaque background. Funny thing is UE is able to do it with a laser engraving device. I guess Westone does not have one!

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #1,219 of 1,871
Custom art is a great selling point, whether people do it or not, it attracts lookyloo's and window shoppers. Great advertising too. A nice set of pics with different custom art IEM's sells IEM's IMO.

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #1,220 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because your ear is not this ear. :)

It still doesn't explain why the "wall" which seperates between the two drivers' channels is collapsed. It seems like it was there but it smelt :\

See? No seperation, only at the very begining. [from inside]

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #1,221 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Klazz, good to hear you finally got your ES3X's back and all seems to be OK now!

SIGH SIGH SIGH!

i think i am hit with the channel imbalance problem

my left side is lively and my right is dull, getting more obvious with each day.

Think they will be making their way back to westone soon..maybe i shdn't send it back for repair since it didnt bother the SQ then. SIGH!

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #1,222 of 1,871
Stupid Question Moment: Is the ES3X the custom version of the UM3X?

TWO MINUTES LATER

Quote:

Built to the highest professional standards, the true three-way, balanced armature UM3x delivers incredibly smooth response cross the entire frequency range. Using the same technology as our custom ES3X, the UM3X is the earpiece of choice for performers desiring high-end Westone sound quality in a universal-fit package.

This is what I love about Westone. They don't hide the ball. They don't play shellgames. They make these incredible IEMS and they make them in universal and customs packages. There's no mystery to it. And then, just to prove they're on the level, they make the UM56 custom earpiece, the only custom earpiece I know of (at least among the major players). I'm told it's not the same thing as having the whole shell customized but @#$#@ it! Who else have even tried to bridge the gap between universals and customs? All hail to Westone!

And by the way, my UM3X rocks!

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #1,223 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by klatzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SIGH SIGH SIGH!

my left side is lively and my right is dull, getting more obvious with each day.

Think they will be making their way back to westone soon..maybe i shdn't send it back for repair since it didnt bother the SQ then. SIGH!

Sorry to hear about that, Klatzz - believe me I can sympathise with you.

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #1,224 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stupid Question Moment: Is the ES3X the custom version of the UM3X?

TWO MINUTES LATER

This is what I love about Westone. They don't hide the ball. They don't play shellgames. They make these incredible IEMS and they make them in universal and customs packages. There's no mystery to it. And then, just to prove they're on the level, they make the UM56 custom earpiece, the only custom earpiece I know of (at least among the major players). I'm told it's not the same thing as having the whole shell customized but @#$#@ it! Who else have even tried to bridge the gap between universals and customs? All hail to Westone!

And by the way, my UM3X rocks!

Just remember that the ES3X was 3 months before the UM3X, so the UM3X is a universal version of the ES3X. You say to-MAY-to, I say to-MAH-to...

Jun 20, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #1,225 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by klatzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SIGH SIGH SIGH!

Mine sounds the same! [One is duller while the other is more live/balanced - Sounds more brilliant, stronger, closer to me] But I am not sure if it is because of my ears, or because their job.....
frown.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #1,226 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine sounds the same! [One is duller while the other is more live/balanced - Sounds more brilliant, stronger, closer to me] But I am not sure if it is because of my ears, or because their job.....
frown.gif

A poor or inadequate seal in one ear can lead to the imbalance - so check that. Sensaphonics has an audio file on their site with two tones playing at the same time, and if you listen and can't hear the both the lower tone and higher tone at the same time then you have a seal leak.

Jun 20, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #1,227 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A poor or inadequate seal in one ear can lead to the imbalance - so check that. Sensaphonics has an audio file on their site with two tones playing at the same time, and if you listen and can't hear the both the lower tone and higher tone at the same time then you have a seal leak.

The seal and fit is perfect. Checked also with Sensaphonic's audio files when got the monitors.

But maybe it is due to my ears' hearing imbalance.

Jun 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #1,228 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The seal and fit is perfect. Checked also with Sensaphonic's audio files when got the monitors.

But maybe it is due to my ears' hearing imbalance.

Swap the cable plugged into the earphones, to listen to the left channel with the right ear, and visa versa - see if the imbalance swaps ears and if so then it is your amp or source. If not then it is either your ears or your ES3X.

If it is the later, then check your hearing with other phones or at the audiologist, or have Westone test your ES3X in their lab.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #1,229 of 1,871
I don't have any imbalance problem, don't know why I thought I do. The only problem I have is my paranoia, afrading that my 'phones have ny problem. But they don't! The only "problems" I find are aesthetic and almost invisible.

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #1,230 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just remember that the ES3X was 3 months before the UM3X, so the UM3X is a universal version of the ES3X. You say to-MAY-to, I say to-MAH-to...

That's even better.

Ultimate Ears makes the Super Fi 5, then resells it as the UE 4.

Westone makes the ES3X, then reaches down and gives us UM3X.

It's freaking manna from on high, which is why I like Westone, the company, almost as much as I like the UM3X IEM. If and when I decide to go custom, I'll kick the coin to Westone, not Logitech. When Westone decided to make "the poor man's ES3X," it didn't sell us the UM2 on stilts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back