Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #571 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say that I'm noticing the RIGHT IEM to be louder than the left. Unfortunately, I only have blackberry earbuds to compare to. It seems very odd that all of us are complaining about the left channel being not as loud, do we all have bad seals on the left? I've played a number of different songs and at first I thought it was the recording,I think there is something up with the latest batch of customs! My serial # is 110 (or is it 111).

Also, I noticed with the right custom (red dot), where the cord goes in, I can see a part of the gold connector, it doesn't sit as flush against the shell as the left side. I might have to bight the bullet and go back to my audiologist to have these sent back!

Seems like 4 of us so far are having a very similar problem. My serial # is 096 - should be getting mine back from Westone, hopefully, by Thursday/ Friday.

BTW, in one place inside the right earpiece there was some kind of biggish inner residue that made the Candy Blue colour matte instead of translucent like it should be. I'd only mentioned this in passing as I was more concerned about the imbalance & fit issues on left earpiece, of course, and I was told by Westone they'd also deal with it.

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #575 of 1,871
OK, this talk of problems is making me nervous as I just put in my order for a pair. Please tell me that these are isolated incidences and that the quality you get is certainly at the level you would expect for the money you pay

Apr 15, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #576 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Novaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, this talk of problems is making me nervous as I just put in my order for a pair. Please tell me that these are isolated incidences and that the quality you get is certainly at the level you would expect for the money you pay

I think they are isolated events and you should be safe. Really.

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #577 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Novaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed Westone earlier today about these issues and have already received a reply: "...I thank you for providing me with the link below. I have presented this matter to the appropriate people on our music team..."

I'm sure you'll be all right - let me stress again that their CS has been excellent all along.

Apr 15, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #578 of 1,871
Quote:

I'm sure you'll be all right - let me stress again that their CS has been excellent all along.

I can attest to that; I already fedex'd mine off to Colorado this evening. Doug kindly promised me he'll do everything he can to make sure I'm happy with my investment in their product.

Just before I went to Fedex, I had given them another one-hour listen, coming to the conclusion that they sound absolutely nothing like the positive elaborations posted on this thread -- I guess there's more than one issue to be solved in my case. But I am (still) hopeful and optimistic, and will report back.

Apr 15, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #580 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious to see what happens with everyone having issues.

How did 4 people turn into "everyone"? Next thing you know, the rumor will be what?

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #581 of 1,871
^^^ I think that is four people with similar problems all at the same time. I also think that you didn't have a problem with yours because you got your ES3X early in the production run. Who knows, maybe Westone farmed out some tasks regarding their production. What I like about Head-Fi is that there is safety in numbers. If people are having a problem with a manufacturer we can all bind together, inform each other, and in this case, see how Westone will resolve their quality control issues. The photos above of the recipients with problems were pretty explicit. I too would be very unhappy if this is the way my customs were fabricated.

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #582 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ I think that is four people with similar problems all at the same time. I also think that you didn't have a problem with yours because you got your ES3X early in the production run. Who knows, maybe Westone farmed out some tasks regarding their production. What I like about Head-Fi is that there is safety in numbers. If people are having a problem with a manufacturer we can all bind together, inform each other, and in this case, see how Westone will resolve their quality control issues. The photos above of the recipients with problems were pretty explicit. I too would be very unhappy if this is the way my customs were fabricated.

I agree about the benefits of being a group that communicates - I don't agree with the "everyone having issues" statement.

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #583 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did 4 people turn into "everyone"? Next thing you know, the rumor will be what?

I said everyone who is having issues not EVERYONE.

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #584 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I said everyone who is having issues not EVERYONE.

No, you said everyone having issues. That is not the same thing as everyone who is having issues.

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #585 of 1,871
It certainly CAN be the same thing.. it's all in how you interpret it.

I read it as everyone in that group of 4 (or however many) that were experiencing problems.

I'm sure he didn't mean to insinuate that everyone who bought these are having problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back