Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Feb 19, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #62 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was told the price for the ES3X is US$850.

yeah; I dont see them bringing the price down anywhere for customs . since they dont actually keep any in stock; they have to pay the same dealers price every time I imagine. so retail it is

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #65 of 1,871
Well, I just finished my appointment with the Audiologist who happens to also be a Westone Dealer. I ordered the custom art Tye-Dye, so we will see if they look good in person
smily_headphones1.gif
. He told me that the MSRP on the IEM is $850 and the Custom Art was $80. I should get them in about two weeks!!!!

Ruby

Feb 19, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #67 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, posting an hour later and still listening to them...
tongue.gif

"snip" There is a slightly bit of hiss with the volume turned down with Blutarsky's Apogee Duet but not enough to be bothersome once the music starts, and that is of course the fault of the Duet. I can also get very quit listening volumes with those without having to deal with channel imbalance at the low end of the volume knob until they are so low that the sound is almost gone.

Hey Larry, the Duet is dead silent with HP1000, PS-1s and my ES-2s try looking at the ICs, I've has issues with cables introducing noise -remember the Denver meet and Mikhail's R10s?

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #69 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blutarsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Larry, the Duet is dead silent with HP1000, PS-1s and my ES-2s try looking at the ICs, I've has issues with cables introducing noise -remember the Denver meet and Mikhail's R10s?

To listen to the Duet I'm using a Firewire cable from the Apple Store by your house, with the 800 plug on one end and the Firewire 400 plug on the other, then plugging the ES3X directly into the Duet headphone out with a stubby 1/4" adapter. It is a very low level of hiss with the volume turned down, but like I said before it isn't enough to interfere with quiet music. It's more like "unplug headphone = silence", "plug in headphone absence of silence".

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #70 of 1,871
Quote:

Original by HeadphoneAddict: Well, Blutarsky has the ES2 and loves the heat activated ear canal portion. I'm just a little OCD about my stuff, and it "seemed weird" for my to think about owning them made from 2 materials, even if it might actually be better.

Ha I see you went with the heat activated ear canal after all! I was a little worried about it myself (although not for the same reason) I was afraid the mixed material it may not be durable when I ordered my ES2s. Turns out they are very durable, too rigid to deform under normal storage conditions - even in a small bag in my pocket - for short periods. They are extremely comfortable, I've worn them for 6-8 hours without any conscious thought they are installed.

I wouldn't / won't hesitate to get them on my ES3X -- now if I could decide on a color.... I need to differentiate these form my black ES2s...

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #71 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To listen to the Duet I'm using a Firewire cable from the Apple Store by your house, with the 800 plug on one end and the Firewire 400 plug on the other, then plugging the ES3X directly into the Duet headphone out with a stubby 1/4" adapter. It is a very low level of hiss with the volume turned down, but like I said before it isn't enough to interfere with quiet music. It's more like "unplug headphone = silence", "plug in headphone absence of silence".

Hmm.. do you have a shielded firewire cable to try rather than the apple "white" cables? This is a bummer, I hope something isn't wrong with the duet. One of the things I really liked about it was its blackness.

Sorry for the OT, I'll move this to email....

Feb 19, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #72 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blutarsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.. do you have a shielded firewire cable to try rather than the apple "white" cables? This is a bummer, I hope something isn't wrong with the duet. One of the things I really liked about it was its blackness.

Sorry for the OT, I'll move this to email....

I'll try it on my 1 yr old Macbook Core 2 Duo that I handed down to the kids, using your firewire 400 cable. A firewire cable to plug in a FW400 device into a computer with an FW800 port isn't something I see laying around on store shelves. I might just have more sensitive ears or something, as it is a very quiet hiss.

Feb 19, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #73 of 1,871
Still trying to figure out the Macro on this stupid Nikon, as it doesn't always focus on the subject of the photo. I specifically requested "long ear-canals" because my other three customs sounded best with long ear canals and Freq had to redo mine once for that.

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture2031-westone-es3x.jpg

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture2033-westone-es3x.jpg

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture2034-westone-es3x.jpg

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture2035-westone-es3x.jpg

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture2036-westone-es3x.jpg

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture2037-westone-es3x.jpg

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture2038-westone-es3x.jpg

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture2039-westone-es3x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back