Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Apr 18, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #617 of 1,871
Mine finally came back. Thanks to Westone's CS for taking care of me. Everything you have read is true here. I like David's description:

"oh the highs, the mids and the lows, what can i say? a most beautiful blend of all the flavours, much like a well made tiramisu, with neither the coffee nor the alcohol overwhelming the other, rather, complementing each other and releasing new flavours previously hidden from plain sight. the bass, wonderfully low and full bodied, bringing new definition to the terms previously used loosely, "tight, deep, impactful yet controlled". the depth and power of the bass is truly astounding, without overwhelming any of the other frequencies."

Every note is as it should be. So true, balanced, and oh so smooth...

No regrets here in moving to custom IEM's from Senn HD650's and ER4p's...

Apr 18, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #618 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fantastic looking IEMs, is that the stock clear blue? I'm thinking of getting mine in clear blue for the left earpiece and clear red for the right, so I can more easily tell them apart.

Thanks catscratch - It's officially called Candy Blue

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #620 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am still waiting for a comparison between ACS T1 & ES3X.

I contacted an audiophile who has auditioned both the ES3X and the T1. He kindly gave me some opinions about them. Here we go.

Quote:

hmm a good amp nevertheless..for price and cost performance wise
the westone 3sx custom....with powerful bass and great high that w3 is lacking and more wider soundstage.....

compare to ue11 and acs-t1 this 1 of the best custom iem i have tried.....
atsmile.gif

compare to acs-t1 is laidback but this is more neutral and more fast compare to it
ue11 is much more bass but this is more wider imaging and layering

if i compare T1 to ES3x, both excel in details and transparency
neither 1 of them r has bass as dynamic or punchy as the UE11
T1 is more darker like the senheisser or stax....

Es3x is faster, more into beyers and audio technica categories
imo T1 is meant for classical, slow music and vocals if u using it without an amp

Es3x is like all rounder with slightly bright soundsignature
T1 goes extreme well with Iqube,Pico,Rsa predator, Blackbird and Xin reference u need an amp with a bit aggressive to wake T1 up

Es3x on other hand is best pair with Rudistor Xj-03,Voyager,Pico,Rsa Mustang and slightly warm amp lacking the warm sound signature and high r a bit harsh for me...

but either of these will not disappoint u lol
it beats Sen Ie8, westone 3, Ck-100 and Ue triple -10 pro on a large margin......

in a short sentence,basshead should get UE11 for ultimate bass response
For classicals ,vocals lovers, and slow musics , get the Acs-T1 for ultimate listening pleasure
E3x is all rounder with no exception should be able to satisfies any serious audiophile who want best of both worlds....

Greatly thank him for his sharing that might be useful for the quest for decent custom IEMs.
L3000.gif

Apr 20, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #621 of 1,871
sound like the UE-10/T1 are just for me
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #624 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got my ESX3 after two plus months of hassle. Ran it through the typical paces and must say I am very pleased. I prefer them to my UE11. It's everything the UE11 is without the bloated bass. More comfortable, too. I highly recommend picking up a UE custom cable, brings the treble to full bloom.

Hey, congrats! How come it took so long if you're in NY? What colour did you choose? Any photos?

So, apart from the 'bloated' bass, are both UE-11 & ES3X pretty much the same to you?

Are you also saying the UE cable is better than the Westone one?

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #625 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, congrats! How come it took so long if you're in NY? What colour did you choose? Any photos?

So, apart from the 'bloated' bass, are both UE-11 & ES3X pretty much the same to you?

Are you also saying the UE cable is better than the Westone one?

It took about a month to get the first set of impressions, which weren't good, then close to another month to get another set. In the end the hassle was well worth it.

I don't have a cam, but will try to see if I can get a pic or two up.

I would say they are fairly similar. The UE11 bass is kicked up a notch or two which changes the overall sound though. The Westone is much more balanced. With the stock cable, the UE11 is clearly superior in the treble, but with the UE custom cable, the Westone is not far behind.

Yes, the UE custom cable is better than the Westone.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #627 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got my ESX3 after two plus months of hassle. Ran it through the typical paces and must say I am very pleased. I prefer them to my UE11. It's everything the UE11 is without the bloated bass. More comfortable, too. I highly recommend picking up a UE custom cable, brings the treble to full bloom.

OK, I am jumping in late here to this discussion. How is it possible to order the ES3X with a cable from UE? It seems that if you are ordering a ES3X, Westone will only allow you to use their own cable, and not use their competitor's cable?

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #628 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I am jumping in late here to this discussion. How is it possible to order the ES3X with a cable from UE? It seems that if you are ordering a ES3X, Westone will only allow you to use their own cable, and not use their competitor's cable?

You can detach the westone cable and put in a UE cable.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #629 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clearly superior in the treble meaning what? More treble detail, or more volumetric treble?

More volume than anything else. I would say the detail is there regardless of cable, but you have to dig a little more with the Westone cable. With the UE cable, it's more in the mix and not the background. No sibilance either.

david, what GTL said.

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #630 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can detach the westone cable and put in a UE cable.

So are you saying that the cables from both companies are completely interchangeable? That is strange. How much does the UE cable cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back