Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Oct 31, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #1,741 of 1,871
HA is right. Wear them for a while. If it persists, then you can try to DIY, but I think it would be better to send them back. And probably you wont need to have another mold made. Just tell Westone what the problem is and they can try to fix it without remolding. That's what I did and worked for me.

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #1,743 of 1,871
Thanks Gilency and HPA! I will keep wearing them for another week, and if it is still uncomfortable I will ask my audiologist if he can help.
So it IS possible to sand the heat sensitive vinyl?

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #1,744 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Gilency and HPA! I will keep wearing them for another week, and if it is still uncomfortable I will ask my audiologist if he can help.

I wouldn't. Too expensive for that. And I am not sure it the surface may be a little rough and irritate your ear canal.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #1,745 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they are not fitting right, send them back. There is a 90-day fit guarantee. If you mod them yourself, warranty is voided. :)

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #1,746 of 1,871
Thanks powderhound, i just contacted Kyle at Westone. I will be sending them back with new right ear impression, just in case.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #1,747 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they are not fitting right, send them back. There is a 90-day fit guarantee. If you mod them yourself, warranty is voided. :)

I did throw out that option before, but it got glossed over...

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...A better option is to talk with Westone and see what they can do about the small bump, so it is covered under warranty.

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #1,748 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did throw out that option before, but it got glossed over...

No, it's just that I really don't want to go through the hassle of sending them back and wait for another 2 weeks unless I really have to!

Guess that's inevitable..

Also i noticed that ES3X seem to sound a tad warm when paired with X1060, seems like there's a slight bump in midbass

Or maybe i'm just too used to the sound sig CK100?
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #1,749 of 1,871
Don't worry, on the same boat as you. Didn't want to send them back, but gotta. =) their customer service is just too perfect for me to say "nah"

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #1,750 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry, on the same boat as you. Didn't want to send them back, but gotta. =) their customer service is just too perfect for me to say "nah"

That is very true, their CS is amazing. Dale from Westone replied me 5 mins after I contacted my seller about the fit issue with all the steps i need to take to send my ES3X back. Two thumbs up!

btw, is anyone interested in a comparison between ES3X/CK100/IE8??
But has to wait until i get my ES3X back first....

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #1,751 of 1,871
Yea, Dale is fantastic. I've been with Doug and Kyle the most though, I don't know how Doug can stand me emailing him about warranty and replacement when it's not even his department
tongue.gif
, sorry Doug!

Mmmmm, i'm not going to encourage it. I just don't think that monitors that differ this much deserve to be put in the same category. Like i would understand a W3/Ie8/Ck100 compare as they are relative the same price, i would also understand something like W3/Se530/TF10 since they are all triple driver. But what we have here is a Custom vs two universals, and then the custom being $400 more than both. But i'm sure people wouldn't mind some thoughts on how they sound =)

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #1,752 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, Dale is fantastic. I've been with Doug and Kyle the most though, I don't know how Doug can stand me emailing him about warranty and replacement when it's not even his department
tongue.gif
, sorry Doug!

It's all good. We all do customer service on some level. :wink:

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #1,753 of 1,871
Haha, Thanks =) Good news! My ES3X has arrived at the Lab, i hope they get them done by Friday, so they can ship it out. It's only a remold.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #1,754 of 1,871
Kyle did a great job and I can personally vouch their customer service is second to none. Couple that with an excellent pair of IEM's and you are set. I Use my ES3X for hours at a time with absolutely no discomfort.
I look forward to future products from Westone.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #1,755 of 1,871
Westooooone, when are you going to release a ES10 to the power of 2 or something? I'm just waiting desperately for something new from Westone >.>"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back